Original topic:

5G phone but Without 5G Antenna.

(Topic created on: 01-29-2021 11:20 AM)
IsaacIshida
Active Level 3
Options
Galaxy S
Did you know, Samsung Galaxy 21 Ultra 5G phone Exynos version, there is actually no Antenna for 5G connection? Without a 5G antenna means no 5G. So what is the expensive price for?
23 Comments
StephCY
Active Level 7
Galaxy S
Well said, sir. 👏
Galaxy S
It's because Malaysia and the rest countries dont use mmWave which is why Samsung used another technology to let us better receive 5g
0 Likes
IsaacIshida
Active Level 3
Galaxy S
What I want is transparency from Samsung in advertising a product like the S21 Ultra. Because it is very clear that Exynos version is not the same as Snapdragon Version. Many customers thought they were buying the same product as a country like U.S.

Not only the hardware for 5G is different, but the Sensors for the camera are also different. For Snapdragon, all cameras except 108MP use sensors from Sony. And all the sensors for Exynos are made by Samsung themselves.

It is true that Malaysia does not currently use MMWave for 5G, but Samsung should include MMWave antenna
and enable it when the facility is available in the future. Moreover Chip Exynos does support MMWave.

We pay at a PREMIUM price, we should get the same PREMIUM Product like other countries.

Fortunately Exynos performance this year was satisfactory.
0 Likes
EddieCS
Active Level 6
Galaxy S
I feel you too. But nothing we can do about it. Since 2012's Galaxy S3 i9300 that they shipped phones with variations of camera sensor. They always include or exclude things that they felt relevant to each "strategic" market. "Offering similar experiences" was their goal since they never once mentioned "Same" 😏😏
0 Likes