Resolved! Solved

Original topic:

Add portrait effect not working

(Topic created on: 03-14-2023 09:39 AM)
RR56
Active Level 1
Options
Galaxy S
Add portrait effect in the gallery app of my S23 ultra not working. I get "invalid image file" error every time I want to use it.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Galaxy S
Can you try this?

Settings > Apps > 3 dots in upper right > Special Access > All files access > then enable Portrait.

Let us know if that solves it.

View solution in context

0 Likes
13 Comments
Galaxy S
Do you get the error to all photos? What format is the photo?
0 Likes
RR56
Active Level 1
Galaxy S
Yes, I get the error for all photos. The photos are JPG format
0 Likes
Galaxy S
Mines working fine as long as the images are under 108mp in size.

You could try clearing the Gallery app cache and see if that helps.

Press and hold the Gallery app icon, the tap on the (i) icon at the top right.
Scroll down and tap on Storage then tap on Clear Cache.
0 Likes
RR56
Active Level 1
Galaxy S
My images are under 108MP. I cleared the Cache, but it didn't help.
0 Likes
Troubadour
Active Level 10
Galaxy S
One advantage of android is the sheer volume of apps available. So, before that Google something like "Samsung (or S23 no portrait effect" -Google provides more answers than this Forum. Then Google best android editing image software" to narrow down use S23 ultra in place of Samsung. If you find something in Play Store check that it is compatible with your device. If better you can then set it as default.
SamsungClaudette
Community Manager
Options
Galaxy S

Hey @Troubadour 

Thank you for you suggestion. 

Kind Regards,
SamsungClaudette

0 Likes
SamsungClaudette
Community Manager
Options
Galaxy S

Hello @RR56 

Could you please refer to @Troubadour message and please let me know how it goes.

Kind Regards,
SamsungClaudette

0 Likes
RR56
Active Level 1
Galaxy S
I googled it and couldn't find any solution to this problem. I have uploaded an error report through this app. Samsung research team is currently looking at the problem. I will post their response here.
Troubadour
Active Level 10
Galaxy S
I don't think the following link is helpful but it might be so I have included it, see image comments towards the bottom
https://me.pcmag.com/en/photo-editing/14408/samsung-galaxy-s23-photos-need-adobe-lightroom-for-the-b...
Let me say that there is imaging software that allows editing of jpg files, unless the file has added proprietary features. So, ensuring you keep the originals unaltered make a copy and play with the copy. Look at a windows computer, or Mac, and look for jpg editors, look for apps that open jpg files but which can save in another editable format. Look for format conversion software. Look at changing the extension from jpg to jpeg. I have played with these options for, literally, years. I don't think you have exhausted the Google options. Provided you keep the original files intact and only work with copies you will find more than one solution. Note in the link I sent you could consider photoing in RAW formart.
0 Likes