Original topic:

Alarm clock flashing

(Topic created on: 02-04-2023 02:44 AM)
hvac21
Beginner Level 2
Options
Galaxy S
Hello does anyone know how to fix this problem. I'm having an alarm clock symbol flashing next to my mobile data symbol every 5 seconds at the top my my screen.

2 Comments
Galaxy S
Hey hvac21,

Few options that might work.
1) delete any set alarms in the Clock app, restart the phone and then add them back
2) Clear the cache in the Clock app - there might be something bugging in the background trying to set an alarm. To clear the cache, click and hold the 'Clock' icon, click the info icon in top right, click storage then 'clear cache' in bottom right.
3) if both these options don't work, there might be a 3rd party app that is trying to set reminders/alarms. Have a look at any new apps that have been installed since the issue started and either delete the app and/or or disable the reminders.
4) If all else fails, best to log an error report with Samsung. When it happens again, within 3 minutes, open the Members app, click on the Support Tab > Error Report > Application. Describe the details and frequency of the issue, tick 'send system log data' then send to Samsung to have a look for any underlying issues.
Galaxy S
Do you have any applications using it, like the calendar, sleeping etc.
Greg 👍
0 Likes