Did you mean: 

Original topic:

Dynamic Island

(Topic created on: 03-22-2023 03:04 AM)
jholu
Active Level 3
Options
Galaxy S
Can Samsung develop a built-in Dynamic Island for our phones? 
0 Likes
5 Comments
TeamGalaxyRene
Options
Galaxy S

Hello jholu,

Thanks for sharing your feedback and suggestions here.

Further, you can send it officially through Samsung Members as follows:

Support > Select "Send Feedback".

0 Likes
Galaxy S

Personally, I do believe they will not implement that feature as probably, Samsung's goal is to have the UDC Infinity display (under-display camera). But hey, who knows? A good use case might make them implement that feature.

0 Likes
jholu
Active Level 3
Galaxy S
I think it should be an option. Samsung don't have those under-display cameras yet anyway.
0 Likes
Toraa
Active Level 5
Galaxy S
Personally, I think it's a cheap move if they do. Just because others can do it doesn't mean it looks good to you as well.

What I think they should start working are new notification edge designs for both S, Z, and A series
TeamGalaxyDD
Options
Galaxy S

Interesting suggestion, jholu.

Just to cover the bases: the Dynamic Island is a patented feature for Apple-built smartphones, hence we can't just straight up copy the design and call it ours. 

As I understand it, the Dynamic Island is mostly used to take advantage of the space left by the camera cutout and using it as a notification hub. If that's the only feature you need, then the One UI 5.1's animations should be more than enough!

However, I'm assuming you made this comment under the impression that the current camera cutout setup for our devices aren't up to you aesthetic standards. For this, we ask your patience: we're already developing Under-Display Cameras (there's one in the Galaxy Z Fold4!) that we believe will eliminate camera cutouts completely, reducing the need for half-measures.

We do appreciate comments like these as it helps our designers think up a better Galaxy experience for our users! I'll do what I can to forward this suggestion to the proper channels -- let's see what we can do here!