Original topic:

Galaxy S22 Series Full Specification Review

(Topic created on: 03-28-2022 09:03 AM)
DavidLee1999
Active Level 6
Options
Galaxy S
Sup Sam Members !! Today I am going to go through some of the important features and specification for Galaxy S22, S22 plus and S22 Ultra that you guys need to know about it. Well, lets start with S22 and S22 plus as most of you guys are wondering which phone is the best choice for your daily use, Right? Alright, let's dive in :)

[ DESIGN ]

The S21 and S22 design look similar, but perhaps the most noticeable difference on S22 is that the camera bump is matte and now matches the colour of the phone.

Comparison of S21 (Left) and S22 (Right)

For this year's S22 andS22 plus, there's 4 colour options:

4 colour options

Real image taken with Galaxy Note 9

Glad that Samsungs still stuck to its old design because it'sclassy and elegant, and now Samsung has also make sure that these S22 series phones aretougher than last year S21 series (Plastic Back), which mean thatS22 andS22 plus are currently have glass backs, using thesuper tough Gorilla Glass Victus Plus on front and back, which makes the phone even more premium feel.

They also haveArmour Aluminium frames and an ip68 water and dust resistant rating🚱

[ DISPLAY ]

This yearS22 andS22 plus areslightly smaller than last year, so as a result the screen sizes aredown by 0.1 of a millimeter, so that's6.1 and 6.6 inches diagonally.

In real life, the difference of size are hardly noticeable.

Speaking of Display, you will get top of the line120Hz Dynamic Amoled 2X panels with a variable refresh rate. So, it changes from10 to 120Hz depending on what you doing. The benefit of it is when your screen isidle ispotential battery saving. 

[ POWER ]

As in this case, each year expect a performance bump when you upgrade to S22 or S22 plus, this year's edition is powered by a"four nanometer processor" which is either going to beSnapdragon 8 Gen 1 or Exynos 2200. 

Well, I have asked a Samsung Expertise at a Samsung's Malaysia Official Store, he told me that Malaysia will get  Snapdragon 8 Gen 1 this year as theExynos 2200 not enough time to produce a lot. So lucky for us in Malaysia, finally get to experience the Snapdragon performance on S22 series!! 🥰

Samsung is promising a 5% CPU, 40% GPU bump and 133% NPU (Neural Processing Unit) gains.

Both (S22, S22+) comes withsame amount of RAM and Storage, here inMalaysia, you will get8GB + 128/256GB.

Last year's phones were alreadypretty powerful, so these ones (S22 series) take it up a notch !!

[ BATTERY ]

For this year's batteries size, you might worry about theslightly smaller batteries on S22 and S22 plus when comparing with last year's S21 and S21 plus models. 

Comparsion between S22 series and S21 series

But Hold Up!! Samsung did assures that more power efficient chips will account for that and give you roughly thesame battery life. 

Well, the good news is that Samsung is bringing back support for its45 watts* charging, but only onS22 plus, whileS22 only supports25 watts* charger. However, Samsungaren't included the charger in the box, so you will have to buy separately. 

The S22 and S22 plus also supportwireless charging (15 watts) andreverse charging (4.5 watts).

[ CAMERAS ]

All 3 cameras on these new phones you'll get both software and hardware improvements, which means that you will get better quality videos and photos than on S21 series. 

Both S22 plus (Left) and S22 (Right) have the same cameras specs

S22 and S22 plus Camera Specs are the same

So this year, thegood news is both S22 and S22 plus will get the same cameras, which means that if you want a smaller phone, you're not actually sacrificing or compromising on camera performance. 

On camerasoftware side, Samsung had promised that the S22 series will getbetter stabilisation and performance for Nightography, with these optimisation, your shots during the night will be fantastic and also animproved ability to cut out subjects from a photo for better portraits, so bye bye unnecessary objects and photobombs😎

{ Videos and Photos taken with S22 }

Ultra-wide

Main Camera

30X Zoom

Feature: Director View (S22, S22+, S22 Ultra)

With Director view feature, you can choose your angles and control your shots like a pro. Record videos with various angles by changing cameras. 

Director View on S22

Feature: Potrait mode on S22 (S22+ and S22 Ultra also has the feature)

With Potrait mode, you can use thefilters and effects to truly transform your selfies.

Portrait mode on S22

So, which phone you want to choose? Let me know in the comments😉

[ S22 VS S22+ (3 Key Differences) ]

✔S22+ with bigger display
✔S22+ has bigger battery and faster charging
✔S22+ is slightly more expensive than S22

S22 plus is brightness is same as S22 Ultra and it has a better WiFi speed than S22.

So, right now is about time to dive intoSamsung Galaxy S22 Ultra, the Ultraman, the Beast, the Epic PHONE !!

[ DESIGN ]

For Galaxy S22 Ultra, the design is quite different from the rest of the S series, it's larger and Heather, and the cameras come straight out of the back rather than being mounted in a camera bump like S22 and S22+, and also it also has a flat bottom and top of the frame like Galaxy Note device. 

So what brings the S22 Ultra different from the last year S21 Ultra is that the phone is integrated with Styles Pen (S pen), which mean the S pen is able to Dock at the bottom of the phone, so you'll always have you s pen with you, unlike the previous S21 Ultra which you'd need to keep it elsewhere. 

However, The S22 Ultra has Gorilla Glass Victus plus on the back and the front too like the S22 and S22 plus.

Holding S22 Ultra Phantom Black

S22 Ultra indeed looks like Galaxy Note right?😏

A matte black Styles Pen for S22 Ultra Phantom Black

Many people asked that, " Got Styles Pen in phone, sure can water resistant or not?!? Don't lie me leh😡

Well auntie, uncle, lengzai, lenglui ~~ 

This phone has an IP68 rated Ingress Protection, so don't worry, you can accidentally drop into"freshwater" but not up to 1.5 meters and more than 30 minutes yaaaaaaa~~~ Not advised for beach or pool use, ok boh? 🤨

Ok let's move on to theStyles Pen ...

Well the S22 Ultra text supporting for Styles Pen has been upgraded. WithAI support for S Pen, it can even better anticipate your movements, reducing the latency of the pen from9ms (on Note 20) to 2.8ms. Samsung also says that it made the display three times more responsive to the S Pen. So now taking notes is more responsive and the function for converting your handwriting into text has been improved to be even more accurate !!

For this year's S22 Ultra, there's 4 colour options:

Real Life pictures taken by Note 9

[ DISPLAY ]

The S22 Ultra has a 6.8 inch Dynamic AMOLED 2X, with QHD (1440p) resolution and the fast 120Hz refresh rate. The 120hz refresh rate makes the phone much more smoother when swiping and scrolling, the refresh rate is "adaptive" with static content, the UI rendering can go as low as 24hz, and as low as 1fps to save energy and it will also adjust to match other content on screen.

The brightness on the S22 Ultra can achieve up to around 1750 nits, pretty crazy right? So reading under the bright sunlight is not a problem!

The display isCurved at the edges, wrapping around to meet the frame. If you prefer flat screen, S22 and S22 plus will be your choice.

S22 Ultra is using ultrasonic fingerprint reader, it's fast and response when unlocking the phone. 

[ BATTERY ]

The S22 Ultra has 5000 mAh battery like last year's model (S21 Ultra). It also supports up to 45 watt fast charging same as S22+. Please note that the phone doesn't comes with Charger in the box.

It has also 15 watts wireless charging and 4.5 watts reverse wireless charging, same as S22 and S22+. 

[ POWER ]

As in this case, S22 Ultra is implemented with Snapdragon 8 Gen 1, same as S22 and S22 plus. The performance you get on S22 Ultra will be similar with S22 and S22 plus, just the benefit on S22 Ultra is that thethermal management is better than S22 and S22 plus when playing heavy games. 

S22 Ultra comes with3 options for RAM and Storage, which are8GB + 128GB,12GB + 256GB, and12GB + 512GB

*For more info about the performance improvement you can scroll up and see the S22 and S22 plus "Power" topic. S22 series performance are same as they using the same Chipset (Snapdragon 8 Gen 1).

[ CAMERA ]

Now the cameras, there's a total of 4 cameras on the back of the S22 Ultra and 1 selfie camera on front. 

S22 Ultra Front Screen has a 40MP Selfie Camera

Side by side comparisons

Wide-angle on S22 Ultra

Main Camera

10X Zoom on S22 Ultra (sharp and crispy)

Indoor using Portrait feature with S22 Ultra

On S22 Ultra, the Effects and Filter on front is likely better than S22 and S22 plus, because S22 Ultra has 40MP Selfie Camera

Feature: Auto Framing (AF) *available on all S22 Series

Noticing the focusing thing is moving when my head is moving right? That's Auto Framing (AF)

Last but not least, this year's S22 Series has a very good feature, which is called RAM Plus. It is a feature act as a virtual RAM that allows you increase the amount of RAM to improve performance on your Galaxy phone. It takes your internal storage to use it as a Virtual RAM. 

Screenshot from S22 (S22 plus and S22 Ultra has this feature too)

Owh yea!! There'sno SD card slot to support your micro SD card😓

I am going to end it here, for those who make it here, Thank You very much for your Patience!! It means a lot to me, because it took me 3 days to complete this post😂

BYE👋 

Pricing for S22, S22 plus and S22 Ultra can click on these links below: 

[ S22 and S22 Plus ]

[ S22 Ultra ]

25 Comments
UnknownUser
Expert Level 1
Galaxy S
Wow you did it??
DavidLee1999
Active Level 6
Galaxy S
Yeap haha
0 Likes
UnknownUser
Expert Level 1
Galaxy S
Wow you are amazing! Are you a professional reviewer?
DavidLee1999
Active Level 6
Galaxy S
Hahaha, nahhh, I dig some research on it, from youtubers, news, blogs, etc
0 Likes
UnknownUser
Expert Level 1
Galaxy S
I can feel the professional feeling here. You may think about to do the review. Haha I will follow you. Haha
scinex
Expert Level 4
Galaxy S
Great review Bro. 👍🏻👌🏻
DavidLee1999
Active Level 6
Galaxy S
Thanks man😄
0 Likes
GalaxyNoteFit
Active Level 10
Galaxy S
Samsung need to back flat screen display.Curve disturbing eyes especially to watch movie video.
0 Likes
GalaxyNoteFit
Active Level 10
Galaxy S
I am not upgrade my Note 20 until Samsung have flat screen for S Ultra Note.😅😅😅