Did you mean: 

Original topic:

Green line

(Topic created on: 03-13-2024 09:24 AM)
Subhasishmalakar
Active Level 1
Options
Galaxy S
  1. Green line appeared after just a phone call. After searching about it's solution, I saw that many customers are facing the same and it is manufacturing defect. So, Samsung should resolve this issue. I used more than 5 mobiles of galaxy series and I am using Galaxy tab. There are many Samsung devices in my home. Unfortunately, Samsung is doing very wrong with me. My Samsung TV stopped working after completing it's warranty period and now same is happening with my mobile. 
14 Comments
SamTech33
Active Level 3
Galaxy S
Could you please clarify if the green line is visible while in safe mode?
0 Likes
Galaxy S

Yes, it's also visible in safe mode

0 Likes
PUFFY_AmiYumi
Active Level 10
Galaxy S
Its now time to replace/change the LCD
0 Likes
Galaxy S

Very unfortunate

butete
Expert Level 5
Galaxy S
have it checked go to nearest samsung service center, and get the technical report
0 Likes
Galaxy S

Samsung should fix this free of cost

0 Likes
butete
Expert Level 5
Galaxy S
actually im one of many benefited s20 series users with screen issue that samsung fixed, again the service center's technical report is criticak and key factor.
0 Likes
TeamGalaxyDD
Options
Galaxy S

Hi there Subhasishmalakar,

The green line issue is well-reported across many Android devices, not just Samsung. Even iOS devices have been facing the same issue. Rather than a manufacturing defect, it seems that this issue is unique to device that use AMOLED screens (LCD screens do not seem to suffer the same fate.)

The current cause of these issues is still being investigated, but we do offer solutions for you to get rid of that green line. However, the repair is quite drastic - the green line is due to LEDs not functioning properly, and since AMOLED aren't modular (meaning you can't replace one LED at a time), a screen replacement is usually prescribed for issues like this.

Please let me know if you need help finding a Samsung Service Center near you to get your device repaired at the earliest possible time. 

0 Likes
Galaxy S

If complaints are coming on AMOLED screen then it's obviously manufacturing/ technical issue. Company should recognize it and stop producing such things. But, companies are producing those devices to gain more after warranty period which is not acceptable. Earlier, Samsung recognized the battery issues of their tabs. They should compensate for it.

0 Likes