Resolved! Solved

Original topic:

How to Remove PIN Number?

(Topic created on: 12-27-2021 09:32 AM)
Tony1942
Active Level 1
Options
Galaxy S

I bought a brand new S21 Ultra, and put a PIN number in as requested by Samsung.  However, every time I do something I am asked to insert the PIN again.

How can I get rid of this annoying thing? 

I WANT TO REMOVE THE PIN NUMBER and have followed Google instructions on how to do it, but it doesn't work.

Help please......so annoying!

Cheers,

Tony1942

2 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Galaxy S
Go to your settings > Lock Screen > Screen Lock Type.
Type in your current pin > swipe ( pop up window will show (Change to a non-secure screen Lock type) Tap on remove data and then Tap on remove fingerprint. That it.
Hope it works for you @Tony1942

View solution in context

Solution
SamsungLaura
Options
Galaxy S

Hi @Tony1942, if the issue persists, I suggest sending an error report via the Samsung Members app for this to be investigated. Error reports are sent to our team to identify any deviations in your device performance, once analysed, our team will get back to you with a response to advise further. 

To send an error report:

Samsung Members > Get help > Error reports > select issue category > describe issue and frequency > Tick ‘send system log data’ > Send in top right.

View solution in context

6 Comments
Solution
Galaxy S
Go to your settings > Lock Screen > Screen Lock Type.
Type in your current pin > swipe ( pop up window will show (Change to a non-secure screen Lock type) Tap on remove data and then Tap on remove fingerprint. That it.
Hope it works for you @Tony1942
Tony1942
Active Level 1
Galaxy S

Sorry.....didn't work!!!!!  Did the Settings/Lock Screen/Screen Lock Type/Swipe - which shows No Security, Current Lock Type. Tapped on that and went back to Screen Lock Type, Swipe. Tapped on that and kept going back and forth.  Maybe something is locked???? Sorry...

0 Likes
Galaxy S
Solution
SamsungLaura
Options
Galaxy S

Hi @Tony1942, if the issue persists, I suggest sending an error report via the Samsung Members app for this to be investigated. Error reports are sent to our team to identify any deviations in your device performance, once analysed, our team will get back to you with a response to advise further. 

To send an error report:

Samsung Members > Get help > Error reports > select issue category > describe issue and frequency > Tick ‘send system log data’ > Send in top right.

Tony1942
Active Level 1
Galaxy S

Don't ask me how, but the dreaded PIN number is gone...........I tried all of the above and somehow, one of them worked.  Thanks to all for your help.

0 Likes
aI6
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy S

Tony, I know what you feel.

I taken a little trip and put on PIN for that time. When arrived back home,  tried take it out on every possible online solution, what I find for solving that problem. But those "solutions" litearally not so helpful, because  phone menu aint consist so called yes/no button for take out PIN or other security options. I believe, you can just put more them on : )

Then I called to samsung helpdesk, and they give me a solution, that was findmymobile.samsung.com/home 

In this environment is a possible remotely manage your security and other options.

After Lock  is very usable a Ring option - when your phone on silent mode, and dropped somewhere between sofa, or your dog just eat it, you can make it ring and then find. 

Good lock.

0 Likes