Original topic:

Invalid Trade-in Code despite paying deposit amount

(Topic created on: 06-06-2024 06:17 PM)
SidharthArora
Beginner Level 4
Options
Galaxy S
I am writing to seek assistance regarding an issue I have encountered while trying to order a Samsung S24 Ultra 1TB from your website. I have initiated a trade-in for my previous device, and the deposit amount has already been deducted from my account. I also received the trade-in code. However, when I attempt to place the order on the Samsung online portal, I receive an error message stating that the trade-in ID is invalid.
"You cannot proceed with Trade-in as the Trade-ID is invalid". 

Here are the steps I have taken to resolve this issue:

1. Browsers Tried: I have attempted to complete the order using Google Chrome, Microsoft Edge, and my mobile browser.
2. Cache and Cookies: I have cleared my cache and browsing cookies as advised by the live chat agent on your website.
3. Snapshots: I am attaching screenshots of the error messages for your reference.

Despite these efforts, the trade-in code remains invalid, preventing me from completing my order. Given that the deposit amount has already been deducted from my account, I request your assistance in:
Refund: Since the trade-in code is invalid and cannot be used, please initiate a refund of the deposited amount to my account.

Additionally, I have noticed on online forums and the Samsung Members portal that this issue is quite common among customers. There is a whole community discussing this problem, with thousands of customers experiencing the same issue. This suggests a widespread problem that may need urgent attention.

Your prompt attention to this matter would be greatly appreciated, as I am eager to finalize my purchase. Please let me know if there are any additional details you require from my side.

Thank you for your assistance.

Best regards,
Sidharth Arora
3 Comments
Galaxy S
Have you reached out to Asurion about it as well?
You can do that by following the link to their portal in the email they sent you.
Samsung didn't take the deposit, Asurion has.

Also, have you tried via the Samsung Store App?
Galaxy S
You can check the status of your code here

https://samsungtradeup.asurion.com.au/
nxmah
Active Level 8
Galaxy S
if I don't remember wrong they should charge you only if you input the trade in code and get accepted by the system,at least this was my experience when I had to do a trade in . Obviously I took picture of the trade in I was sending and screenshot of each screen page through the trade in and purchase