Original topic:

More users are facing green tint display issues on different Galaxy devices

(Topic created on: 06-23-2020 02:22 PM)
Reesch
Expert Level 5
Options
Galaxy S

More users are facing green tint display issues on different Galaxy devices

Do you remember the Galaxy S20 green tint issue that reared its head not long after the flagship’s release? Samsung did fix it with a quick firmware update for the Galaxy S20 a couple of months ago, but it looks like the problem is making a comeback for other Galaxy smartphone models.

Multiple new threads on Samsung’s USEU, and Indian community websites reveal that the green tint problem is now affecting a variety of other Galaxy devices. The common theme across these user reports is that the green tint issue appeared after a recent firmware update. The problem seems to be affecting devices like the Galaxy Note 8, Galaxy Note 9, Galaxy S9 series, and the Galaxy Note 10 Lite. As brought to our attention by SamMobile readers @panther_64and @ahmedRaisMU on Twitter, the Galaxy S10 Lite hasn’t escaped the wrath of the green tint issue either, as it persists even after the recent June 2020 security patch.

It seems as if the green tint problem occurs mostly when the display is set to a low brightness level, so at least it doesn’t always affect the user experience. And without understating the existing problems experienced by affected users, the good news is that the green tint issue does seem to be somewhat of a rare occurrence, at least judging by the number of complaints found on Samsung’s community websites as of this writing. The problem exists for some users, but for now, it doesn’t look like it’s widely spread.

If this green tint issue is indeed similar to the one that marred the Galaxy S20 a couple of months back, it shouldn’t take too long for Samsung to figure out the exact cause of the problem across different Galaxy models and address it with a firmware update. We’ll let you know as soon as we find out more. Until then, join us in the comment section and let us know if you’re experiencing the green tint problem on your phone.

[This is what it looks like on the screen.]
30 Comments
MackS
Active Level 3
Galaxy S
im experiencing green tint or discoloration at all levels of bightness
Reesch
Expert Level 5
Galaxy S
Did you report it to the Samsung service center?
0 Likes
MackS
Active Level 3
Galaxy S
not yet but i tried to report sa chat customer service and meron troubleshooting like soft reset, clear system cache but issue remains. In the end recommended to look for a service center.
MackS
Active Level 3
Galaxy S
im note 9 user
Samsung_PDichdF
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy S
i have that issue. i thought it waa fix by clear cache but then after sometime i got the green tint again.
AwesomeEmery
Active Level 1
Galaxy S
Same thing happened to me. For some reason the phone fixed itself.. Then few days later I decided to put my phone into dark mode tapos the next day green tint went back. Pfft.
efpu
Active Level 2
Galaxy S
Big Thanks to Samsung Service Center in Megamall. My Note 9 suffered from green screen in early June. I sent it to Globe Gadget Care, Globe Customer care and Service center in Moa. All of them denied my claim and said I have to pay 15k to replace the LCD. Went to Samsung Megamall, decided to have it repair and pay for it. To my surprise the Samsung team advised me that they will replace the lcd and battery FREE of charge. I left my phone on Tuesday and got it back Friday..good as new!! not bad for a phone that is almost 2 years old. THANKS Samsung!!!!
Reesch
Expert Level 5
Galaxy S
Awww that's great news! 😊
0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable
Galaxy S
wait ..are you already out-of-warranty for your Note 9??? Did they also asked u to present for other things like the OR (original receipt), docs, etc.? Or u just said and explained your issue with them on Megamall and they just decided to replace the LCD for free (assuming that your warranty is already over?)

I'm experiencing the same issue but my warranty is already over.. Hoping u can shed some light for me. pls.