Original topic:

New Ui Update - AOD

(Topic created on: 04-02-2024 08:29 AM)
KittyMaf871
Beginner Level 4
Options
Galaxy S

After installing the new One U.i 6.1 Update, i'm disappointed to say that one of my most used phone feature and favourite has been negatively affected.

Scrolling through many forums and videos and even trying to test it myself, i realised that Always on Display (AOD)'s brightness cannot be manually adjusted. 

AOD has always been dimmer than the normal phone screen brightness, and now with the adaptive brightness and inability to adjust brightness, the AOD is totally useless. I cannot see it in a dark environment, which defeats the purpose. This update has turned my most useful feature of the phone into a useless battery wasting feature that cant be used.

Please do bring back the manual brightness setting because right now, this setting doesnt do any good at all.

9 Comments
MOD_2
Options
Galaxy S

Dear KittyMaf871,

Greetings from Samsung Community!

Rest assured, we heard your enquiries.
This is moderator from Samsung Community.

Thank you for your feedback on the One UI 6.1 Update. We'll forward your concerns about the Always on Display feature to our team for review. Apologies for any inconvenience.

Warm Regards,

Samsung Community

Ahjie
Active Level 2
Galaxy S
Thanks for listening.
0 Likes
Joss_0511
Beginner Level 3
Galaxy S

This was why i loved. The galaxy becuase of always on display. Im really upset .. 😧😤

matinprsd
Beginner Level 3
Galaxy S

I just made an account just to like and comment on this post.  Absolutely baffled on how this change was made without making it at least adjustable.

Alongside other annoying and problems / bloat with the new OneUI update, this is a big issue as it literally makes AOD useless.

KittyMaf871
Beginner Level 4
Galaxy S
I did the same too. I have been using samsung for many many years now with s8 being my first S models. Till S23.
Never had a major problem with any updates since s8, but this one is really a blunder. I have been using this new UI for 2 days now and the AOD is just really horrible.
Rhedlund85345
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy S

AOD display *** now. Can't see it in the dark. What were you thinking Samsung. Fix this quickly please

BrittanyS1
Beginner Level 3
Galaxy S

I agree with this comment. I would like to have AOD put back to adjustable.

Samsung_YA8rN9k
Beginner Level 4
Galaxy S

I also wanted to add that I recently started using it as a clock in landscape mode at nighttime. I have a digital clock but I find it too bright so I haven't used it in a long time. This was a great alternative and now AOD is completely useless to me. Sadly this phone is fairly new to me but for my next phone I'll be looking at other brands if this doesn't change or if it becomes more impracticle to me. Yes even for something like this I will look at other brands.

Delkoman
Beginner Level 1
Galaxy S

Just adding to the list of disappointed users. I've been a Samsung / Android user since the first Note. If this us not resolved,  I will not be replacing my 23U with a Samsung device.

0 Likes