Original topic:

Overheating and Battery Drain when using Camera

(Topic created on: 01-31-2022 10:23 AM)
Harchetan
Beginner Level 3
Options
Galaxy S
I recently bought Samsung S21 Ultra 256GB in Australia that comes with Exynos processor.

Whenever I am using camera, the mobile is quickly overheating around camera module which makes it too uncomfortable to use the mobile. And also, this is causing battery to drain quicker. I have never experienced any other phones to be heating while using camera. Not expected from such high end flagship phone.
0 Likes
11 Comments
SamsungLaura
Options
Galaxy S

Hi @Harchetan, sorry to hear about your phone overheating. I suggest sending an error report via the Samsung Members app for this to be investigated by our research and development team. Error reports are sent to our team to identify any deviations in your device performance, once analysed, our team will get back to you with a response to advise further. 

To send an error report:

Samsung Members > Get help > Error reports > select issue category > describe issue and frequency > Tick ‘send system log data’ > Send in top right.

Clairelara
Active Level 4
Galaxy S

You can visit the Samsung service center and show them the issue and get it solved soon otherwise some other damage could occur to the phone!

0 Likes
R-one
Active Level 5
Galaxy S
I had the same issue, the over-heating was unbearable to hold the phone 😔.

Try cleaning storage cache in App details, try Force stop & optimise battery.
Force stop won't hurt the app, it will start back up once you re-open app/camera. Hope that helps some.
0 Likes
Harchetan
Beginner Level 3
Galaxy S
Its brand new phone with hardly any apps... i have anyways tried optimize battery.
0 Likes
SamsungLaura
Options
Galaxy S

Hi @Harchetan, thanks for the additional information. I can see that our Members team has responded to your error report. Feel free to respond to the error report with further information on whether the troubleshooting steps apply to you. 

To view this response: 

Samsung Members app > Bell icon

0 Likes
MaryGahisan
Active Level 1
Galaxy S
I had the same problem!!!!!!

I didn't realise my camera was not working properly until i used it recently for selfies the back camera is working perfectly fine, but then when i use my front camera it started glitching and had a line in the middle. The worst part is when I'm using it for video calls in other apps like messenger the camera starts freezing and eventually it shuts down which is way too bad!!!!! I booked an appointment to samsung shop to get it fixed and the person who help me with it said it was all fixed and it has pass all the necessary phone checks, but then when i took it home and started using it again to video record it suddenly it has shut down again so basically nothing has been fixed.

This phone is just about a year from when i bought it and no scratch or damages or anything that would make this unusual glitches internally I'm really disappointed as I have never encountered this kind of problems from all my galaxy phones before.
0 Likes
SamsungLaura
Options
Galaxy S

Hi @MaryGahisan, I am very sorry that the issue continued after the repair. 

I suggest sending an error report via the Samsung Members app for this to be investigated by our research and development team to see if this is a software issue. Error reports are sent to our team to identify any deviations in your device performance, once analysed, our team will get back to you with a response to advise further. 

To send an error report:

Samsung Members > Get help > Error reports > select issue category > describe issue and frequency > Tick ‘send system log data’ > Send in top right.

0 Likes
MaryGahisan
Active Level 1
Galaxy S
Hi Laura,

I have sent an error report of couple of times everytime my phone shuts down when I'm doing video calls or using the front camera it seems like nothing has been resolve or fix this is very upsetting and bad as this shouldn't be happening on my phone when it's new and i haven't cause any damages from my phone since the time i bought.

I am deeply disappointed and annoyed that this issues on my phone has not been resolved and everyone has a similar problem samsung galaxy should've been a great product, but since the new galaxy phones launched there has been a lot of people complaining about there phones and the quality of it.

We paid money for this things expecting them to work as great as they should be, but it seems like we've wasted our money buying a fauly product please do something about we can't be wasting our money and time reporting and going to your shop just to get our phone fix which is never the customers fault.
0 Likes
SamsungLaura
Options
Galaxy S

Hi @MaryGahisan, I am sorry to hear that the issue persists.  After looking into your error report I can see that our team requested you to attach log data and advised sending the report within 2-3 minutes of the issue occurring. 

Please send this through at your earliest convenience for this to be investigated by our team. 

0 Likes