Original topic:

Repair Service Nightmare

(Topic created on: 05-13-2022 10:26 PM)
Members_tDsyB3t
Beginner Level 2
Options
Galaxy S

I have had my Galaxy S21 Ultra for just over a year no issues. On Monday, I put my phone on charge and I got nothing but a black screen. It beeps and vibrates when I take it off/put on charge, but nothing but a black screen. 

I booked an appointment at my local Samsung service Centre and told the guy the issue. He said it sounds like the LCD needs to be replaced. I asked how much, he advised its under warranty. So I leave my phone to get repaired. 

24hrs later I get an email from Samsung advising that a technician has review my phone and there are issues that warranty won't cover. For me to contact them. So I do and get told that my phone screen has too many deep scratches and needs to be replaced. It's not coveted by warranty and I'd need to pay $600. 

I have escalated this and awaiting an update. This is an absolute rort and absolute rubbish. My phone had NO damage whatsoever. It had no scratches, no cracks, no dents, never been dropped, always had a case and screen protector. And now they are holding my phone, I think in Sydney, till the matter is resolved. I thought they did the repairs at the local Samsung store.

Has anyone else been stooged or had a similar experience? I definitely won't be paying a cent for a 1 year old handset, currently under warranty that had no previous issues and no damage at all, that has just stopped working.  I'll be taking this all the way to Consumer Affairs should I need to. 

3 Comments
Troubadour
Expert Level 1
Galaxy S
Are you able to get your phone back? If so Google "Galaxy S21 shows black screen". There are a number of things you can try. It seems to me that Samsung are using a third party for warranty work and these guys appear not to have your best interests at heart. Go through other posts searching on things like warranty, screen, etc. to find other unhappy users, and use them as part of your case to Consumer Affairs. If you are out of warranty then search for Samsung service centres as these guys also service out of warranty phones and know more than other repairers, but try Google solutions first.
0 Likes
SamsungLaura
Options
Galaxy S

Hi there, I apologise for the issues you've encountered getting this issue resolved. Would you be able to send through an email for me to look into the issue further?

To: members.au@samsung.com

Subject: SamsungLaura - S21 black screen

Detail:

Full name

Phone number

Delivery address

Service reference number

Proof of purchase

0 Likes
kahmahP2
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy S

Sure thing! If your Galaxy S21 Ultra is giving you a black screen despite beeping and vibrating when you charge it, here are a few more troubleshooting steps you can try before heading to a repair center:

Force Restart:

Press and hold the volume down button and the power button simultaneously for about 10-15 seconds. This should force a restart and might resolve any temporary glitches.
Safe Mode:

Boot your phone in safe mode to check if a third-party app is causing the issue. If it works fine in safe mode, you may need to uninstall recently installed apps to find the culprit.
Check for Physical Damage:

Examine your phone for any signs of physical damage, especially the screen. Cracks or water damage could be the cause of the issue.
Connect to PC:

Connect your phone to a computer and see if it's recognized. If it is, you might be able to back up your data before seeking professional help.
If none of these steps work, it's best to contact a Samsung authorized service center or mobile phone repair near me . You can find one near you by searching online or using the Samsung support website. They'll have the expertise to diagnose and fix the problem. If your phone is still under warranty, be sure to mention that for a possible covered repair. Good luck!

0 Likes