Original topic:

S10 Plus Issue (Moisture Detected & Unable To Charge Through Cable)

(Topic created on: 04-04-2020 09:05 PM)
KeithThomas
Beginner Level 2
Options
Galaxy S

I'm having an issue with my S10 Plus (Exynos Variant)

Upon using the S10 Plus, I've noticed that the "Moisture Detected" warning comes up whenever I take my phone underwater. However each time, I'll usually leave it to dry for at least 5 hours before plugging it back into the charger. 

Recently, I had tried to charge my phone through cable (Original Cable & Charger) but then the phone immediately heats up (really hot). I tried to smell my charging port on the phone, I can smell the burnt smell over there. Mind you, when I did this the "Moisture Detected" warning was not present. So I was worried and decided to charge my phone through my wireless charger (original from Samsung).

During this MCO period, I had the "Moisture Detected" warning on my phone and it isn't going away. I have not placed it underwater for like 3 weeks? Yet till now the warning isn't going off. I've restarted, placed in under uncooked rice (just in case there is moisture) but still unable to get it removed.

Is anyone going through this issue?

- Unable to charge through cable 

- Moisture Detected warning not going off

- Charging port heats up if I try to plug in cable 

Please Help.

Thank You.

0 Likes
7 Comments
SamNoteUser
Expert Level 1
Galaxy S
sound like short circuit in the charger port. please send your phone to samsung service centre. it not safe to continue using.
0 Likes
KeithThomas
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy S

Do you know the average cost for the repair? As my warranty expired on 19th March, 2019

0 Likes
SamNoteUser
Expert Level 1
Galaxy S
no charge port price.
0 Likes
SamNoteUser
Expert Level 1
Galaxy S
0 Likes
TommyOliver
Active Level 7
Galaxy S
just wait few hours... wait till the notofication gone then u can charge again...
0 Likes
KeithThomas
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy S
It's actually been going on for 5 days straight. Looked up at some solution online, it said to turn it off and then plug in cable and then on the phone. But my phone heats up like mad whenever charger is plugged in
0 Likes
TommyOliver
Active Level 7
Galaxy S
then wait... patience is virtual...
0 Likes