Resolved! Solved

Original topic:

S20+ line on display

(Topic created on: 10-31-2022 10:21 PM)
Vernon30
Active Level 3
Options
Galaxy S
Has anyone encountered issue on the S20+ with a pink line on the display? Mine just appeared a while ago. Restarted my phone but still there.
Tried taking a screenshot of the line but it did not appear on the photo. Would assume that it's the display problem?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Galaxy S
✌️ would be great if you can click the 3 dots on top of my comment if you're satisfied with it hehe. thanks !

View solution in context

9 Comments
Galaxy S
hi, you can reach the nearest samsung store to get a free screen replacement on your S20+ model, eventhough it has now out of warranty. kindly make an appointment beforehand for a smooth process 👍

this free screen replacement is eligible only for galaxy S20+ model. some told me this offer will end at the end of this year. hurry up !
Vernon30
Active Level 3
Galaxy S
Hi, oh ok. Thanks so much for the info 🤗
Solution
Galaxy S
✌️ would be great if you can click the 3 dots on top of my comment if you're satisfied with it hehe. thanks !
Vernon30
Active Level 3
Galaxy S
Ok done 👍
Galaxy S
hi, how is it going? have you gotten your Galaxy S20+ screen replaced?
0 Likes
Vernon30
Active Level 3
Galaxy S
Hi unfortunately not. They rejected my claim and said my phone did not passed the leak test. Their customer centre called me and also confirmed that they rejected my claim for the same reason.
Just too bad.. been supporting Samsung for more than 10 years. Even after my experience with my S9+, I was still supporting Samsung.
Honestly I'm rather disappointed with their quality and also the way they handle the problems.
Anyway, this will be the last phone from Samsung for me and my family.
Just changed my wife's Samsung to Oppo and I've booked my iPhone. 🙂
0 Likes
Vernon30
Active Level 3
Galaxy S
Just an update for those having the display issue like mine.
Sent to Samsung Service for the one time free replacement but got rejected.
The SA told me that there are T&C to be eligible for this replacement:

1. No dents or damages on the phone
2. Pass the water leak test

The first test passed but the leak test failed and therefore they rejected.

I told them that my phone has never been dropped, handled roughly or repaired before. Therefore the leak test is definitely due to Samsung's poor quality and, it is not fair that I should be penalised and my claim rejected due to their poor quality.

Apparently the SA said quite a number of claims rejected due to this.

Anyone has encountered the same? If yes, what is the next course of action?

Been using Samsung for more than 10 years and now seriously considering to change to others.
Ekbp
Active Level 5
Galaxy S
Frustrating, right? I'm using their Note 3 which last for 7 years before going haywire. Later change to Note 10+ hoping to last as long as Note 3, but unfortunate happen. Their Android 13 damaged my Note 10+ screen. Lately I saw many posted about multiple issues after software updates. Samsung is going dirty in business ethics. Now I'm eyeing for Huawei flagship
0 Likes
Vernon30
Active Level 3
Galaxy S
Yes, very frustrating. Personally I feel during the earlier times, Samsung built their phones well. In fact I am still using the A5 for years and it's still working well. My last phone was the S9+ and lasted slightly over 2 years before the display started having yellowish tint. I read that it was a known issue but the customer care refused to acknowledge it. Thought I'd give Samsung another chance and changed to S20+ but unfortunately this happened.
While I do agree that Samsung makes some of the best phones and I feel comfortable using it, their lack of accountability and arrogance will push customers away for sure.
I was actually considering to upgrade my wife's phone to the S22 but now I've decided to go with Oppo Find X5 Pro. China phones have come a long way and they have improved so much through the years.
As for me, this will be the last Samsung phone. Am considering the latest IPhone.