Did you mean: 

Original topic:

S20 ultra overheating and battery problems

(Topic created on: 12-10-2020 11:19 AM)
aajecg
Active Level 3
Options
Galaxy S
i recently got the samsung s20 ultra as a gift for my upcoming birthday, but the battery drains fast and it overheats when i use the camera or play a game. hopefully the future updates fix this.
11 Comments
Reesch
Expert Level 5
Galaxy S
Yes, at least Samsung didn't ditch their devices.
Galaxy S
Usually an update on the OS addresses these kinds of issue. But if you're phone keeps overheating to the point that you can't use it anymore. Then I recommend going to the Service Center. 😊
aajecg
Active Level 3
Galaxy S
the recent update actually fixed the bettery problem and the overheating issue. it still overheat sometimes, but atleast it's better than before
Galaxy S
Good to hear that, personally I also experience that once with my Note20 Ultra 5G. What I have observe was also the importance of airflow in the phone. I was using data and Dex while in a humid place. But when I turned on the AC the issue stopped. 😊
DYi05
Active Level 3
Galaxy S
Just don't be conscious about heating of a device it is quite normal especially Exynos variants, and also if you usually use mobile data, or fast charging. don't worry it will not explode like the note 7 fiasco before just use your phone with confidence and nothing to worry just lower your brightness when you feel that the device is hot and your brightness is at maximum to avoid amoled burns. 😉
aajecg
Active Level 3
Galaxy S
can future updates fix the problem or lessen the problem?
DYi05
Active Level 3
Galaxy S
Yes of course! but sometimes it depends on the user and device also how to deal with it, sometimes it is about the user how to use the phone or what apps cause the problem. You can wait for next update , and you can try simple trouble shoots that I've mention. 😀
DYi05
Active Level 3
Galaxy S
also for the battery if you want longer battery life, you can check at settings> device care> battery > app power management> deep sleeping apps or sleeping apps.

put your very rarely use app to deep sleep and your rarely use app to sleep. don't put any apps on "apps that won't be put to sleep" let the system automatically add the important apps to it. 😃 hope this help you. 😉
aajecg
Active Level 3
Galaxy S
thank you very much!! will try to do this!