Original topic:

s21 ultra brightness problem

(Topic created on: 09-27-2021 10:17 AM)
Haleskinn
Beginner Level 2
Options
Galaxy S
So as we all know samsung forces people to use adaptive brightness in order to get maximum brightness out of it, theres just only one problem with it, if the sensor isnt getting enough light or direct light into it the screen wont go super bright, and for example if i try to watch netflix while i am working my 16h shift in tractor its impossible to do because the light isnt hitting the sensor directly and the contemt displayed is dimmed so much you can barely see anything and i mean literally bearly anything, so if anyone k ows how to use root or other mods to get rid of that annoying thing please let me know, i dont care about burn in, i dont care about warranty, i just bought the phone for one reason, it was supposed to have the brightest screen, but it turns out its dimmer than any other brand phone out there, and yes i have tried cache tricks etc using third party apps etc, the phone also isnt overheating because fan is blowing ice cold ac on it and phone is ice cold to the touch, also their customer service doesnt help in any way means possible, so please if anyone has done some extra led mods to shine light onto the sensor or something let me know
0 Likes
3 Comments
Haleskinn
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy S
oh you really think i have not tried that? there is no way to turm of "adaptive" brightness actually, its hard coded into the firmware or software somewhere, go and try yourself, turn it off, max the brightness, and then take led torch etc and aim it at the right top corner where the luminosity sensor is and see that the screen brightens itself more, and thats the brightness that i want, not the "max" "manual" "400" nits
0 Likes
SamsungLaura
Options
Galaxy S

Hi @Haleskinn, that is strange. You should certainly be able to turn off adaptive brightness. I have tried the steps you mentioned and was unable to replicate an increased screen brightness. 

I suggest sending an error report via the Samsung Members app for this to be investigated. Error reports are sent to our team to identify any deviations in your device performance, once analysed, our team will get back to you with a response to advise further. 

To send an error report:

Samsung Members > Get help > Error reports > select issue category > describe issue and frequency > Tick ‘send system log data’ > Send in top right.

0 Likes
Haleskinn
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy S
i have done it 10x literally already sent them the error report, with also a video clip how to replicate the problem, i will be recording a new video about it today and will be uploading it to youtube
0 Likes