Original topic:

S21 Ultra split screen

(Topic created on: 05-16-2024 10:06 PM)
SBeautiful
Active Level 1
Options
Galaxy S
Anyone know a way to permanently disable the split screen feature? I paid money to monitor my kids phones on purpose, I have a schedule in place to stop usage at school (phones are banned) however, my daughter has worked out if she split screens, she can actually still message from her phone! 
5 Comments
AizuMizu
Active Level 1
Galaxy S
No, the split-screen function cannot be disabled or limited in that way.

I don't understand, though. What do you mean you have a 'schedule' in place?

Are you referring to a routine you have configured in Android that disables apps or functions and the split-screen mode bypasses these restrictions? Or something else?
0 Likes
SBeautiful
Active Level 1
Galaxy S
Yes, I run a parental control app as they aren't allowed their phones in school. She's learnt how to get past the restrictions by hitting the split screen and she can still use any app. The parent control app stops the apps indeed but not when using split screen
0 Likes
AizuMizu
Active Level 1
Galaxy S
I think you may need to contact the developers of the app if you haven't. That's a fairly critical flaw in their product.

In the meantime, you can try setting up Screen Time limits / parental controls through Google Family Link which can block all notifications, restrict apps or completely lock the phone during school hours.

https://support.google.com/families/answer/7103340?hl=en

You would have to create a new child Google account through the Family Link app and set the age less than 13. Then I guess if there are other features in the app you currently use which are missing from Family Link, you could set it up so that your current app is the only approved app to run while the phone is locked out via Family Link.

If this still doesn't work then maybe the only solution is to leave it at home until the app developer responds with an update.
0 Likes
iftt
Active Level 6
Galaxy S
Can't you just turn off in labs?
0 Likes
Ashton5555555
Active Level 2
Galaxy S
Use Google family link as the monitoring app u can ban any app on her phone
0 Likes