Did you mean: 

Original topic:

S22+ green line screen after 6.0 OS upgrade in apr 2024

(Topic created on: 04-26-2024 03:26 PM)
yb101
Active Level 2
Options
Galaxy S
I'm at Singapore, the phone upgraded OS to v6.0 on 16 Apr 2024. One deep green vertical line appeared after that. The guy in SG service center asked me to pay for $303 screen replacement fee by myself today. It's absurd and so disappointing. How Samsung could hurt customer's rights and loyalty like this? ...
63 Comments
nomad33
Active Level 4
Galaxy S
Went to the service centre at Vivo Singapore. The staff just said pay up for a replacement because it is out of warranty. I told her that Samsung replaced phone with green line in India as long as the phone is less than 3 years old. Blank look. I am sending an email to samsung and also filed a complaint to CASE. Samsung never states that an OS upgrade could have such risk of power mgmt issue resulting in voltage surge that caused the green line.
nomad33
Active Level 4
Galaxy S
I just sent a complaint email to the CEO (on Samsung website) and the care email hotline. I will wait for a day before I activate CASE.
Trainman65
Active Level 2
Galaxy S
Please share the CEO email so we can complain together and not take us as granted.
0 Likes
ChewyHero
Active Level 3
Galaxy S
Link's here. Not sure if link still work though... may need to use Samsung Internet for it
https://contactus.samsung.com/customer/contactus/formmail/mail/MailQuestionGeneralNew.jsp?siteId=725...
0 Likes
SyRaj
Active Level 1
Galaxy S
Count me in
0 Likes
nomad33
Active Level 4
Galaxy S
Dear CEO,

I want to bring to your attention that the recent green lines that appeared on Samsung Galaxy phones have boiled over and have become a big issue. I upgraded the software on my Galaxy 22+ on April 23. When I used the camera function on April 24, the phone shut down and felt very warm. Immediately after that, a green line appeared over the screen.

This is the same message I got from many users, and it was reported on Tom's hardware and Yahoo Singapore. Samsung gave free screen replacement in India for this green line issue as long as the phone is less than 3 years old. However, when I went to the Singapore service center at Vivo, the staff asked me to pay up for a replacement. I can not fathom such differences in treatment.

Clearly, India is a much bigger market, and Singapore is just a small dot. However, such differences in treatment will have much bigger repercussions in how the Samsung brand is perceived, especially when we will make it a crusade to educate other users about our experience.

I just want to let you know my disappointment. We allow Samsung to upgrade the OS, but clearly, the OS has caused a power management issue with the camera, which is a Samsung app. What a shame.

Sincerely yours with much disappointment, ***
Trainman65
Active Level 2
Galaxy S
Please advise the CEO email address so that we can make the same complaint. Inform us if he replies. Thanks .
0 Likes
nomad33
Active Level 4
Galaxy S
Go to Samsung website, scroll to the bottom, under "support", the last row is "email to CEO". I received an email that they will give me a reply within a day.
Trainman65
Active Level 2
Galaxy S
Did he reply and offer free screen replacement?
0 Likes
nomad33
Active Level 4
Galaxy S
No. They play the delayed tactics and tried to bribe me with a promo code for a s24+. I ain't going to fork out 1k+ for a phone that can create green lines on its own. No more Samsung in my household. Complete ban! Hisense for TV and Honor for mobile phone.
0 Likes