Did you mean: 

Original topic:

S22+ green line screen after 6.0 OS upgrade in apr 2024

(Topic created on: 04-27-2024 05:24 PM)
yb101
Active Level 2
Options
Galaxy S
I'm at Singapore, the phone upgraded OS to v6.0 on 16 Apr 2024. One deep green vertical line appeared after that. The guy in SG service center asked me to pay for $303 screen replacement fee by myself today. It's absurd and so disappointing. How Samsung could hurt customer's rights and loyalty like this? ...
63 Comments
michealangel
Active Level 1
Galaxy S

be careful when sending your phone for repair.

I send my working Samsung Note20 ultra to replace the green line on the screen.   Not only was the phone not repaired because they  claimed it has been opened before but i will still be charged a labor fee of 53.     the shocking thing was when i  collected back my phone the phone could not use  make calls or sms. it cannot be register with Simba.  

To rub salt on my wound   the staff Doris at Samsung Service  Westgate rudely accused my of sending in the phone already inoperative when clearly i send in a good working set.  She claimed Samsung has the right to return back any phone in any condition as stated in the  repair term and conditions which I signed.

How can the repair terms has a Limitation of Liability which state Samsung is not responsible to any damage the customer suffer  arising out of the repair.  there was no repair done and i have gotten back an inoperative phone.  this is a gross miscarriage of justice

nomad33
Active Level 4
Galaxy S
I was using my green fault line phone to pay for a local bakery shop the auntie saw and told me that she had the same problem. Apparently, the problem is more widespread than I thought.
Trainman65
Active Level 2
Galaxy S
Samsung refused to acknowledge that this was the fault after the software upgrade and blamed it on hardware fault. How many phones can be hardware fault at the same time? Unless, the San-T has made it happen.
nomad33
Active Level 4
Galaxy S
The key is that they replaced the screens for free in other countries, but not in Singapore. Clearly, they admitted that there was an issue in India but not in Singapore. You are right. How could all hardware fail at once?
nomad33
Active Level 4
Galaxy S
This is the reply I got from sending to both the CEO and the feedback link. Same reply. Samsung refused to acknowledge the issue or provide a workable solution.

Thank you for contacting Samsung Singapore Support dated 26th. April 2024.

We are aware that you have a problem with the device Galaxy S22+ with a green line issue after a software update, and we regret to learn about the experience you are currently facing.

Kindly be informed that functional defects such as lines on the screen can happen to any electronic devices. If the line is appearing on the screen, please bring down the device to the nearest service centre for the technician to evaluate the device physically.

Proceed with the repair charges $54.50, if not proceed with the repair only evaluation charges $32.70. Charges will be applied to out of warranty devices.

0 Likes
nomad33
Active Level 4
Galaxy S
We seek your kind understanding that this is to maintain consistency in applying our policies equally to all our valued customers such as your good self."

I have just replied and asked where the consistency is when India gets free screen replacement?
nomad33
Active Level 4
Galaxy S
Dear Samsung and Mr ***,

1. The functional defects were caused by the OS upgrade, where the download was directed by Samsung. Samsung did not warn about the risk of causing harm to the phone hardware during any OS/security patch. So the onerous is on Samsung when the OS upgrade caused a hardware issue. If it is not an OS upgrade, why do so many Samsung phone users suffer from such a green line issue all at once from mid-April onwards after the OS upgrade?

2. Samsung and you talked about policy consistency, but Samsung gave free screen replacement in India but not in Singapore. Where is the consistency? The OS upgrade issue was acknowledged in India but not in Singapore. Samsung has a national-based policy that is discriminatory in nature. This is good enough of an issue to be brought up to the consumers in Singapore and the greater Southeast Asia.

https://indianexpress.com/article/technology/mobile-tabs/samsung-free-screen-replacement-green-line-...

I thank you for your reply. However, your answers are not acceptable. Please escalate to your supervisors or your CEO. You should not be a shield to Samsung's policy inconsistency and discriminatory practices to Singapore and Singapore consumers. 

nomad33
Active Level 4
Galaxy S
Samsung's subsequent reply

Thank you for contacting Samsung Singapore Support, dated 27th April 2024.

We received your email concerning the display issue on your Samsung Galaxy S22+ screen. We regret to learn about the inconvenience you have encountered. Rest assured, we will surely assist you with this.

Please be informed that issues with your mobile phone can result from a variety of factors. Hence, the technician evaluation is required to root down what caused the issue.

About the free screen replacement implemented in India. Please note that products manufactured in different countries may vary in features, specifications, designs, warranty guidelines, and business processes. Therefore, the work progress for the screen replacement may as well differ.

If the device is a Singapore set, it will follow the Samsung Singapore warranty terms and conditions. Samsung provides a 1-year warranty on the devices purchased from our authorized dealer starting from the date of purchase. Any repair or part replacement after the warranty valid period will be chargeable.

0 Likes
nomad33
Active Level 4
Galaxy S
My reply

Dear Andrisia,

In India, Samsung gives out free screen replacement to phones that are less than 3 years old and the replacement offere has a time validity. Clearly, when Samsung agreed to replace the screens in India, it was NEVER about warranty. None of your phones have a warranty more than 1-2 years maximum. 

If Samsung is still in denial that the OS/Security patch caused issues that resulted in power management issue/burnt pixels/cable connection, please explain why there was a surge in such complaints that Tom's hardware and Yahoo picked up the news. 

Clearly, Samsung has discriminatory policy against Singapore Samsung users and we are not worth your attention. You need to explain why a sudden surge in green fault line issues among your users. 

I do not accept your explanation and I have clearly rebutted in my statement above. You need to do better or get your supervisors or CEO to talk to me. I am publishing all our communications in the Samsung member app and the social media need to hear about this, too. 

Evans8
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy S
I have the same issue too, mine grew from 1 line to 2 line in a matter of 2 days...I am thinking of filing to CASE without going to samsung since all of the comments here seem to indicate a waste of time...is this advisable?