Original topic:

Samsung 24 ultra miserable battery life

(Topic created on: 05-16-2024 08:17 PM)
ChordQ
Beginner Level 2
Options
Galaxy S
How is everyone's battery life ? 
I've had my 24 ultra for almost 2 weeks now and the battery life has been nothing but miserable.

I am achieving 5-6 hours of SOT with no gaming at all, just social and YouTube streaming. 

I heard the may update has drastically improved the battery but, well you judge it for you self 

5 Comments
Froglette
Active Level 6
Galaxy S
I have S23 Ultra S24 Ultra and an A33 and prefer my A33 over the others for many reasons. I thought cameras in 23 and 24 would out perform and felt a big let down
0 Likes
AizuMizu
Active Level 1
Galaxy S
The phone should have much better battery life even if it's brand new and before the OS still learns to manage your usage.

Does the battery charge at the correct speed/wattage as well or is it too fast/slow?

Check that the phone reports the correct battery capacity and health. You may need to use a 3rd party app.

Check that Adaptive Battery is enabled under Background Usage Limits.

Also, your battery page looks different to mine. Are you sure you are running the latest OS / UI version?
Have you restarted the phone recently?

Check for any apps which may potentially be running in the background constantly. If you live in an area with poor reception to WiFi or Mobile then the radios may be draining the battery excessively.

As a last resort, you can try to reset the device entirely and set it up fresh but it really should be working well out of the box.
If you can't see any suspicious app usage or rule out other possibilities, then it's probably just defective and I would seek a replacement or refund depending on what is easier, based on where you live.
0 Likes
ChordQ
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy S

I have actually done all of that, adaptive battery and brightness, limiting background usage, i am using a compatible charger from amazon which charges at super fast charging,  i've also already reset it once and re-installed all of my apps manually to avoid any smart switch cache or background drain.

whats funny is that after my update last night, i ran the battery out until it shut down by itself, and charged it all night until this morning at 8 am. within half an hour of unplugging the battery has dropped more than 5%, also the battery usage did not reset, it is showing it has been running for more than 6 hours.

regarding the different interface of the battery stat, if you click on the graph it will show more details of your usage, and also you can switch between "last charged"  or "today" to get more info.

I am def retunring it today. already wasted too much time on fixing it the last 2 weeks.

0 Likes
AizuMizu
Active Level 1
Galaxy S
So I didn't know we could tap on the graph for more information lol, thanks for that!
Just checked my own usage and yeah, getting up to 6-7 hours screen-on time with 10-14 hours screen-off time and battery usage of with a portion of charging in-between (which is excluded by the above values).

On a full 24hrs with no charging and 1h of YouTube, I still only used 58% of the battery for 4h23m screen-on and 19h36m screen-off.

So you definitely have a defective phone or battery. They will never admit it but it seems like a manufacturing flaw.
0 Likes
ChordQ
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy S

I never got anywhere near your usage.  Thanks for confirming, so I know that my battery is malfunctioning.

Hopefully they will give me a replacement phone without any hassle considering it's still within the 30 day period.

0 Likes