Resolved! Solved

Original topic:

Unable to download aps from playstore and google play

(Topic created on: 11-09-2022 08:59 AM)
Pistonbrokeagain66
Beginner Level 2
Options
Galaxy S

Hi everyone, who reads this you are my last hope. I have/ given a brand new S4 galaxy mini okay i understand it is a few years old. It was given to me by a friend's estate had not been opened brand spanking new. I am happy with the phone it suits me for what i want but i cannot downloads any apps. I downloaded two to start off, but it won't allow me to download anymore.
I cannot even open the galaxy store and Google play store tells me unfortunately play store has stopped I have read everything that it says how to fix it from clearing the cache and restarting it. doing the same with google play service 
I have even done a factory reset to no avail the software is up to date I have read google posts for days on end to see if there is something i have missed 
Everything is working Wi-Fi Bluetooth, Google Gmail  i can access the internet all the Samsung apps even ring out this very frustrating Should i put a memory card in it will that make a difference? i am 68 years old and fast losing my patience (that is very easy to do at my age) I have 4 apps i want to download and that is it never visit them again
Again, thank you if anybody in the community can help me  

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Galaxy S
@Pistonbrokeagain66
Unfortunately, I would think that due to its age, most apps would no longer support that devices Android version.

View solution in context

5 Comments
Troubadour
Active Level 10
Galaxy S
Have you googled "google play store stopped"? Here is one of the links in that search
https://www.wikihow.com/Fix-the-%22Google-Play-Store-Has-Stopped%22-Error
In Samsung Members go to Support on bottom right. Some advice is not shown until you tap on some of the answer sections. Also run diagnostics.
0 Likes
Frank55
Active Level 7
Galaxy S
Try removing the Cache on both Apps by going into Settings > Apps
0 Likes
Galaxy S
I'd also check to see if there's been any software updates for your phone firmware. Since then there's been pretty big changes on the back end for how the play store works from my basic understanding.

That might help
Solution
Galaxy S
@Pistonbrokeagain66
Unfortunately, I would think that due to its age, most apps would no longer support that devices Android version.
Mistybree
Beginner Level 3
Galaxy S

I am in your situation, and 68 y/o as well!  Did you have any success?  As you said above, I have tried all the fixes suggested. Thanks.

0 Likes