Original topic:

Warning: moisture in the USB port

(Topic created on: 09-18-2022 08:04 PM)
Janwy
Active Level 6
Options
Galaxy S
Galaxy S22 Ultra
It shows warning message when I plug it in to my PC through USB port. "Moisture or foreign material in the USB port" it said.
I'm sure that there's no moisture or dust in the USB port. And the same USB port works fine with my other two (2) Samsung's phones.
Now it's making hard time to transfer photos to my PC.
Anyone also experience this?

10 Comments
Galaxy S
the other users once experienced the same issue. just charge your device wirelessly for some time like a week like that, and this problem will be disappeared by itself
scinex
Expert Level 4
Galaxy S
Do you encounter the same error when charging?
Anyway, you could use samsung flow app to transfer photos to your pc. It works brillliantly.
Janwy
Active Level 6
Galaxy S
Only happen when connected to PC. Not on adapter. Cannot find Samsung Flow in Samsung Store.
scinex
Expert Level 4
Galaxy S
I see.
Anyway, you should be able to find samsung flow in galaxy store. I'm using similar S22U. Btw, you need to install the same app in your pc as well. Files or pictures are transferred just like a normal whatsapp style with no resolution compression.
All the best.
Screenshot_20220918_200108_Galaxy Store_43445_1663502468.jpg
Members_kmJJy7A
Beginner Level 3
Galaxy S

I do get the same error while charging, it suddenly went away for a few hours but the came back... I have carefully inspected the charging port and also let it sit infront of cool/semi-warm air for a night but still have the same problem. Thankfully I bought a wireless charger the day before but it really is inconvenient and also seems to charge much slower... To top it off I noticed that the battery is now dying MUCH faster since I started to use the wireless charger.and it is not a cheapo dollar store peice of trash... It was $175 at Costco. 

0 Likes
Janwy
Active Level 6
Galaxy S
Advised by Samsung online customer service, I cleared USBSettings cache, and problem solved, for now.
0 Likes
MSNAH
Active Level 1
Galaxy S
How to clear the usb setting cache?
Janwy
Active Level 6
Galaxy S
Go to Settings > Apps > Show System Apps (in the sort menu) > search for USB settings > Clear Cache
0 Likes
Angelljain
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy S

I had a similar problem. I cleared cache but it didn't work. Then, I used a Hairdryer for around 5-10 seconds and the warning went away yay