Original topic:

Poor call quality

(Topic created on: 10-10-2023 11:38 PM)
robert6812
Beginner Level 4
Options
Galaxy Z
Has anyone been experiencing poor call quality on the fold5. When on a call people are saying I am coming across crackling and they cannot understand me.
4 Comments
Troubadour
Active Level 10
Galaxy Z
You need to check if something called "Voice ,over LTE" (VoLTE), has been enabled. Frankly I would have assumed it was already and is now so automatic the option might no longer be visible. Go to your phone app, go to 3 dots top right, check settings, it may be under Advanced, select it. You may also see it in your connection settings. Go to Settings, Connections, Networks, Mobile Networks, the 4G part may show 4G/LTE VoLTE.
As a separate issue, not solving your basic problem but improving call quality for phone calls using wi-fi, Google "Telstra (or other ISP if different) wi-fi calling" This allows phone calls using any wi-fi network you are connected to, and is añ alternate to a cell tower connection. When a call is made to you it automatically chooses the better connection, cellbtower or wi-fi, thus giving you a better connection.
SamsungClaudette
Community Manager
Options
Galaxy Z

Hey @Troubadour 

Thanks for your help ‌‌‌‌

Kind Regards,

SamsungClaudette

0 Likes
Galaxy Z

This seems a common issue with Fold5. There are some people also reporting the same issue with their new device.

Sample from Reddit:

https://www.reddit.com/r/GalaxyFold/comments/15nbdab/very_bad_phone_call_quality_on_the_fold_5/

From Whirlpool

_nok__0-1697065073374.png

Personally I'm not experiencing it in my Fold5 (no one is complaining to me yet), so I hope it's not widespread and just needed a software fix.

0 Likes
AnthM
Active Level 4
Galaxy Z
My Fold 5 has excellent call quality.
0 Likes