Original topic:

ZFlip Advanced Features: Screenshot and screen recording

(Topic created on: 02-28-2022 02:49 PM)
Jmn
Options
Galaxy Z
I have been unable to use the Side Key as a way of taking a screenshot. It is too difficult for me. Therefore, I have installed an app I used on my old Windows phone quite successfully, called ScreenshotQuick available from Google Play Store. It has great editing features as well.

Unfortunately, for my most recent post here in Community re Share to Samsung Notes I was going to attach a screenshot to show examples referred to in that post. But, the Samsung Members system didn't like the screenshot and all you see on that post are a couple of image placeholders. It is a small-sized jpg image.

Part of the ZFlip Advanced Features has an item called Screenshot and screen recording. I thought fantastic, something 
to help us get a screenshot simply and quickly. But, No. All you can do is make a screen recording, ie a video. 

Are there any tips on how to make a screenshot (not recording) that doesn't need to use the Side Key, please? Thanks.
7 Comments
SamsungLaura
Options
Galaxy Z

Hi @Jmn, you could try using the Palm swipe gesture on your device as an alternative. For a detailed guide, see below:

https://www.samsung.com/au/support/mobile-devices/screenshot-on-galaxy-device/ 

Galaxy Z
Thank you Laura. What fun! 👋 The Palm Gesture took a long time to work. Whilst practising, I noticed that as I was in my Screenshots album in the Galleryapp, the swiping, by gently touching the screen,
Galaxy Z
Sorry! ...realigned the images in that album into smaller thumbnails. Hehehe 😃 I then decided to try Bixby. And, yay, the voice command to take a screenshot worked so simply. Here's the shot:Screenshot_20220301-054135_Edge.jpg
Galaxy Z
So, Bixby is my new companion. I will retry the shot for my Share to Samsung Notes post and, if it worked, which I'm sure it will, I will add it to the comments on that post. Wu's me luck!
SamsungLaura
Options
Galaxy Z

Glad you got to try out other methods! The palm gesture does take a little practice, a note I tell people is they don't need to press as hard as they think as the phone is generally good at registering swipes (assuming there is no issues with your screen).

Galaxy Z
Looking at the video that shows how to swipe the hand across the screen, the hand is side-on, ie the little finger edge down. Nowhere does it say that you have to actually touch the screen, I presume it should be floating above but very close, so that the Proximity Sensor can do its job. Do you think if I tried a flat palm swipe over the screen that could work. Although I think that's meant to do something else! 🤔 hehehe 👍
0 Likes
Galaxy Z
@SamsungLaura As part of this process, I went into Samsung Members Get Help as I wanted to check the Proximity Sensor which is normal. And came across a great list of items to check out before asking for help. I am going to do so thoroughly and inform myself. Thanks Samsung. With everything else to learn, this is something I missed!