Original topic:

Feature request.

(Topic created on: 06-14-2022 06:27 PM)
Dolgogi
Options
Have Your Say
Can we please have the same weather animations in Samsung Weather, that other markets have...... please?

First 2 pics are from my Australian S22U.
The last 2 are from my Korean Galaxy S10 5G😁

Samsung Weather Australia

Samsung Weather Australia

Samsung Weather Korea

Samsung Weather Korea

9 Comments
ydiaa
Expert Level 5
Have Your Say
I agree 👍 💯
Troubadour
Active Level 10
Have Your Say
I found three ordinary but nicer ones by opening widgets and either scrolling to weather or searching for it. It shows one and then you scroll to the others. Given you have a better phone you might have a better selection, I have a basic A7. Also if you have a weather app you would like to make into a widget see https://www.samsung.com/au/support/mobile-devices/adding-widgets-on-samsung-phone/
0 Likes
Have Your Say
Thanks for the link.
My feature request is for the actual weather app itself.

For some reason, some regions get much nicer animations when you open the Samsung Weather app, while others like us, get more plain animations.
0 Likes
RS_AUS
Active Level 4
Have Your Say
This would be awesome. It's confusing why there would be separate versions too. I mean it takes more effort than just creating one version.
0 Likes
Have Your Say
I'm not sure why they do that in basic apps such as the Weather app 🤷

The icons in the Korean version are far more animated too.
0 Likes
SamsungLaura
Options
Have Your Say

Hey @Dolgogi, this is an interesting request. Could you please send it through as an error report for this to be raised? 

To send an error report:

Samsung Members app > Get help > Error reports > Application > Describe issue and frequency > Tick ‘Send system log data’ > ‘Send’ in top right.

Have Your Say
@SamsungLaura I can definately do that.
I'm not sure that it's an error, but rather a regional difference.
0 Likes
SamsungLaura
Options
Have Your Say

Thanks @Dolgogi! We can still escalate this for a response from our research and development team to confirm. :) 

Have Your Say
Done & done.
Included a screen recording as well.
It's not the end of the world, but they are nicer and they were present during Beta 1 & Beta 2 of the Samsung Android 12/One UI beta program, but they were removed I think with beta 3.

You may recall I posted a screen shot of the Fried Egg & asparagus and asked Samsung to bring them back 😂🤣
0 Likes