Original topic:

Doorbell compatibility with Family Hub Fridges

(Topic created on: 07-23-2022 05:06 PM)
Spikey000
Beginner Level 2
Options
Home Appliances

Heya Peeps,

So I've just landed myself a new family hub fridge... 

Now although I know it works with Ring doorbells, however I'm not overly enthused with the offerings from Ring and don't have Alexa in this household (quite a number of Google Voice assistants here, along with extensive smart home products through Smartthings).

I can't for the life of me find a list of compatible cameras, and although the Smartthings website states a number work with Smartthings it appears this is not quite so for the fridge.

Does anyone have a list of doorbells that work with the Family Hub Fridges or have been able to successfully integrate something other than Ring doorbells? 

2 Comments
SamsungLaura
Options
Home Appliances

Hi @Spikey000, did you have a particular doorbell in mind? 

I would suggest looking for Doorbell cameras that are compatible with Smart Things. 

0 Likes
Spikey000
Beginner Level 2
Home Appliances

Thanks Laura,

Just looking for anything that's not Ring, I think Mr Bezos has enough yachts and spacecraft already, along with the way Amazon(and its subs) handles personal information.

A big fan of Smartthings, with over 100 devices in this house connected so fare, unfortunately what I've found so far are individual cases of items from Smart Things stating what normally works with their Smart Things (such as Arlo cams) doesn't work on the Family Hub Fridges. Noting that the Australian version seems to be quite dumbed down in comparison to the rest of the world (no Alexa voice assistant, no direct Nest thermostat controls, no shop from home as Woolies have discontinued their side of the app, etc).

Unfortunately I don't have the cash to splash just to see if things work. I've intentionally avoided the Amazon family of companies and was hoping to keep it that way if anyone could point me at something they've found to work.

0 Likes