(Topic created on: 01-08-2023 03:04 PM)
mrFloppy
Beginner Level 2
Options
Home Appliances

236D7C84-6F25-4505-ABA5-4376C227ED44.jpeg

I have inherited my mothers washing machine

Samsung SW65V9W 6.5kg

which will stay in her unit after she passed away and the property will be rented out and the machine will be used by the new tenents. The property has been renovated and there are a few issues which are in the process of being sorted out one of which is a annoying clunk from the plumbing when a tap is shut off quickly. New toilet does it when float valve kicks in which i can live with, same for new bathroom shower mixer. Any time of the day or night there is another clunk when both  of those are not being used and i finally tracked it down to the cold water on the washing machine. If i leave the cold tap shut off there is no clunk so it must be the water inlet valve leaking and or faulty. Machine appears ok, no water leaks inside or out and it works well still so not really a problem other than i am thinking it may become one once new tenants move in and it damages the new renovations. I am thinking of buying a new valve on ebay and replacing it myself but thought i would ask here in case there could be another potential reason. Very trusty machine which has served my mother well and hopefully does for many years to come.

5 Comments
Katherine19
Active Level 1
Home Appliances
Just a quick helpful hint. Always keep the taps turned off on the washing machinewhen not in use as it will last longer etc... etc... etc...
Don't know about the clunk. But maybe if you put in the lease that the taps may be offwhen not in use, should at least stop the noise and hopefully any potential damage. Good luck 👍🏼
0 Likes
Troubadour
Active Level 10
Home Appliances
I am going to be sardonic here. You present us with a problem about a number of clunks from different causes and then put it in as a problem in terms of a Samsung washer. Why? Couldn't you have Googled it and got a number of non-Samsung suggestions? Here is one Google answer.
https://www.access-irrigation.co.uk/news/water-hammer-its-causes-and-solutions/
0 Likes
Home Appliances
Best to call a plumber just in case. A leak in the house isn't fun
0 Likes
Home Appliances
Especially in an apartment. If a leak impacts the property below, you will be liable for their repairs.
0 Likes
iftt
Active Level 4
Home Appliances
You can get "water hammer arresters" to prevent this sound. Some are installed professionally and some just screw on to the washer taps.
Its nothing to do with Samsung. Its the pipes.
0 Likes