Original topic:

The Best Gaming Controller For Samsung Z Fold & S Series!

(Topic created on: 02-08-2023 04:28 PM)
VueeyLe
Options
Members Star's Corner

I've been on a long spending spree to find the best Gaming Controller for Samsung Z Fold Series and S Series... I think I found it!

Meet the GameSir X2 USB-C Gaming Pad and this is why I think it is the best gaming pad for Foldable and S Series of phones.

v3 (1 of 9).jpg

The GameSir X2 USB-C is made of a smooth plastic material with rubber grips on the bottom of the game pad to provide gripping space while gaming.
What makes this special is the expandable mount where the phone sits. This space is wide enough to fit Samsung Z Fold 2, 3 and 4 without any issues - **bleep** even the S22 Ultra fits in there nicely.

This gamepad also uses a direct connection to your phone using a USB-C connector plug to eliminate latency lag which is quite noticeable on Bluetooth gamepads.

v3 (2 of 9).jpg

The buttons are clicky with a nice tactile bump with every press, while the joysticks feels exactly the same as the Nintendo Switch!

The shoulder buttons are also very click and easy to trigger while gaming.

What truly makes this Gamepad shine is the downloadable app from Gamesir which allows you to map every button to the game you play.
Even if the game doesn't support controllers, you can map virtual buttons to the controller and play without any issues which is a HUGE WIN!

v3 (3 of 9).jpgv3 (4 of 9).jpgv3 (6 of 9).jpg

Lastly, if you're planning to play for hours, you will of course need to be able to charge your device - this is also possible with the passthrough USB-C connector at the bottom of the controller.
The controller is very light weight and easily fit into your bags without any issues.
It also comes with a hard case to protect the controller and even store a small battery bank.

So what do you think? Would you consider picking up one of these controllers and add it to your gaming gear inventory?
Comment below and let me know your thoughts!

[Lastly... Yes, when used with the S22 Ultra, it looks like a Nintendo Switch with 10x buffs because of its large 120hz screen!]

A9205082.jpg

12 Comments
Members Star's Corner
Very informative 👏
Thank you 🙂
Members Star's Corner

No worries, thank you very much for taking the time to read my post! 

Members Star's Corner
Ha I thought that was a Switch before reading the post. Love it!

Makes me think a bit harder about mobile gaming now
Members Star's Corner

Glad you like this post!
Mobile gaming is slowly growing a sweet spot within the gaming industry and I sad to admit since I am a PC gamer - it's the space where more developers are putting more of their focus in.

BUT, you can still play AAA titles on your phone via Steam Link or Nvidia Game Streaming services.

By using my PC with more powerful hardware, I am able to stream the games it renders to my phone using Nvidia's Gerforce Now

Widow-Hunter
Active Level 7
Members Star's Corner
Nice touch with Nintendo Switch idea lol
Members Star's Corner

Thank you! It looks soo good! 😄

Members Star's Corner
Great post 👏
Is that the controller you bought in the states or another one?
Members Star's Corner

Nah, the one from the States was the Razer Kishi - sadly due to the placement of the USB-C port on the Z Fold 4, the screen would be face upside down which looks weird.
Also, the Kishi's extendable mount is quite narrow, so it barely fits the S22U and Fold 4 when used without a case. 

The GameSir X2 was a better fit and much better software too

Members Star's Corner
Awesome 👌