Original topic:

Wireless Dex not working

(Topic created on: 03-06-2023 02:17 PM)
i-ans
Active Level 2
Options
Samsung Dex
Hi, 
Trying to use wireless Dex on my S23 Ultra but it not detecting the Samsung M8 Smart monitor. It does show my neighbour's Samsung TV, but not the monitor in the same room. Is anyone else facing similar issue?
Thanks.
9 Comments
SamsungClaudette
Community Manager
Options
Samsung Dex

Hey @i-ans

Thanks for reaching out. I suggest referring to this webpage Using Samsung DeX Wirelessly | Samsung Australia

It has all the information you are looking for. If you have any further question please feel free to ask me. 

Kind Regards,
SamsungClaudette

i-ans
Active Level 2
Samsung Dex
Thanks for the reply.
Which webpage though? I don't see any link.
SamsungClaudette
Community Manager
Options
Samsung Dex

Hey @i-ans

I apologize for the confusion. I replaced it with the correct link. I hope it helps. 

Troubadour
Active Level 10
Samsung Dex
Silly question, are they using the same network?
0 Likes
i-ans
Active Level 2
Samsung Dex
Yes of course. Both are connected to same router. But looks it's not required actually because my phone detects my neighbours 65in Samsung TV.
0 Likes
Troubadour
Active Level 10
Samsung Dex
Being connected to the same router is not the same as being connected to the same network. First, your router connects to the internet. Second, you have a 2.4 Ghz wireless network supported by the router. Third you have a 5 Ghz wireless network also supported by the router. Fourth, you have an ethernet cable connection which is plugged between the router and a selected device. Finally unlikely to be relevant here, routers often have a guest wifi network usually accessible to your router but isolated from your other wifi networks for security purposes. If you want to check which devices are connected to a particular wifi network but not ethernet there are several ways including loading an app called Wi-Fi Analyzer by Fastproc from Playstore and you will be able to see all nearby wi-fi connections AND their network. Note, your phone sees any network or device that your phone can connect to if login is done correctly, e.g network, login and correct protocol.
0 Likes
i-ans
Active Level 2
Samsung Dex
I just double checked that both my S23 and M8 monitor are connected to same 5GHz network from my Asus router's app details. And for some reason the mobile picks up the neighbour's TV but not mine, so being on the same network doesn't seem to be a requirement. I will keep trying different things to make it work and share what helped if it does.
0 Likes
Troubadour
Active Level 10
Samsung Dex
It is possible that your neighbour has accidentally connected to your dex settings (or you have)? If so, as these monitors have multiple input options they may not be aware of an accidental connection. So it might be possible for them just to disconnect the dex input and then you will see your monitor and be able to connecf. They won t even know that their monitor is connected to your router if they are using other inputs, or you may be able to do it yourself by attempting to disconnect from their monitor. Whatever happens I hope you can give feedback once resolved and list as a solution.
0 Likes
Troubadour
Active Level 10
Samsung Dex
It has occurred to me that wireless dex might connect in a similar way to bluetooth. In bluetooth your device scans for period of time then stops. If you haven't paired in that time you have to restart the scan. Presumably advice on this is in the manual. Also the specs for your device indicates that both Samsung Dex and Samsung Wireless Dex are available. If the wireless version doesn't work you may still be able to make it work by connecting via (the correct) cable.
0 Likes