Original topic:

Samsung Health Android App not recording workouts from Samsung Galaxy 3 watch on Pixel 6 Pro

(Topic created on: 11-23-2021 07:19 AM)
mroohyeh
Beginner Level 2
Options
Samsung Health

When I first moved from my old phone to my new one (Pixel 5 -> Pixel 6 pro) - I re-paired my Samsung Galaxy Watch 3 and it worked fine.

After a week or so although I could track an activity on my watch, it is not saved into the "exercises" section within the Samsung health app. What I did next was fully reset the watch and delete and reinstall both the Galaxy Wear app and Samsung health app. This seemed to fix the issue for around a week or so, now I'm back to square one. I can track an exercise live whilst doing it, but once it's finished it isn't saved into my Samsung Health app.

A couple of other things to note -

- The App on my phone is definitely tracking my steps, so there is syncing happening

- I think all the same data permissions are in place as before (on Pixel 5) so it should be working

- I don't use my phone in battery saving mode or anything like that.

Any ideas anyone ? 

13 Comments
SamsungLaura
Options
Samsung Health

Hi @mroohyeh, that's strange. Are you able to connect to a Samsung device to assist in understanding whether the issue is a Watch or phone problem? 

If not, I also suggest doing the troubleshooting steps you've already done, one at a time to identify if any particular one assists with the syncing. 

0 Likes
mroohyeh
Beginner Level 2
Samsung Health

Hi Laura,

Unfortunately not as this is my only phone. Thing is - its recording steps, so there is some kind of connection there. It's weird - it worked for a few days then stopped recording exercise (I think maybe after a watch update but not certain). 

If your team needs steps to replicate the bug its literally a case of ->

- Android 12 Pixel 6 Pro

- Samsung Galaxy watch 3 with latest OS

- Samsung Health (fully patched with latest version)

Carry out a run/cycle - you see the whole exercise location info etc. on my watch. 

When I go to my exercise history on my phone it's all gone.

SamsungLaura
Options
Samsung Health

Hi @mroohyeh, thanks for the additional information. In this case, I recommend for you to head into your nearest Samsung service centre with your proof of purchase so that we can take a closer look into this.

Please be aware that due to our Privacy Policy, your device may be factory reset before being assessed. I highly recommend backing up your device via Smart Switch, OneDrive and/or Google to ensure none of your data is lost.

To book an appointment prior to heading in-store or to drop off your device via Australia Post: https://www.samsung.com/au/support/your-service/main 

To find your nearest store: https://www.samsung.com/au/samsungstore/

0 Likes
Oth76
Beginner Level 2
Samsung Health

Dear Laura, all,

I just have had the same issue 3 days ago. All the day activity is synchronised with my phone and I can see the pick of activity when I did ran. But no running activity is saved under the phone while it is perfectly accessible from my watch.

im on iPhone. So the issue is more with the Samsung health app. Please be aware that I’m on the latest version of it on the store.  

Could you please advice me?

BrianBB
Beginner Level 4
Samsung Health

I have the same problem. I have google pixel 6. It's some software problem. The steps are there but not the workout. And I need to reset the app and watch every week.

Beginner Level 3
Samsung Health

Same problem with pixel 6 and gear S3. Tried similar steps as you

hv76
Beginner Level 2
Samsung Health

same problem with Pixel 6 and Galaxy Watch 2. Uninstalling/Reinstalling the Health app worked. App picked up the exercise. Will have to see how long this lasts.

One other issue was the audio from watch during the exercise was not coming into my Bluetooth headphones.

asve99
Beginner Level 2
Samsung Health

I have exactly the same issue.

Pixel 6 + Samsung Watch 3.

Samsung Health receives steps ok from watch, but the app does not get updated with workout data from watch.

Uninstalling, then reinstalling the Samsung Health app worked for a few days, but then went back too not syncing.

asve99
Beginner Level 2
Samsung Health

Spoke too soon.

Latest app update had fixed this (for now) ;)

0 Likes