Did you mean: 

Original topic:

Carrier nonsense

(Topic created on: 12-07-2019 10:03 AM)
JordinX5
Active Level 6
Options
Suggestions
It would be nice if Samsung cut the crap and stopped sucking up to the carriers. Yes, in this instance, they need to follow apple. Apple sells phones through carriers but there isn't any of the preloaded bull **bleep** that carriers load into it or any carrier boot logos or anything else from them. If we really wanted their apps, we can download them ourselves if we so desire.

Edit: sinceliterally nobody is listening to what I'm saying🤣 they need to disable the carriers from loading up our phones with bloatware and boot logos. Apple made it work, there's no reason Samsung can't do the same. Ask yourself this. What exactly are you gaining from having your phone filled with bloatware and boot logos and other nonsense? Nothing. They're all apps that are downloadable at our own will.
37 Comments
Louisianimal
Active Level 2
Suggestions
Apple's iOS is able to be that way because of their stringent patenting, EULA contracts/agreements and because they keep their code completely private.

Android is open-source so obviously the code can be altered as desired. You must have a terrible carrier if you're having that much trouble though. Switch to a better provider and buy your phones new and factory unlocked.
0xKyle
Active Level 4
Suggestions
I agree. I have every carrier app "removed" using adb. It's mostly useless junk used either to collect data or to get you to subscribe to useless services.
grazman
Active Level 1
Suggestions
those non bloat phones are called "pixels".
TYL3R
Active Level 4
Suggestions
But you forgot that Apple is associated with the same company that created the iPhone. Therefore, they have total control over both the hardware and the software. Whereas Samsung Electronics and Google Android are two separate companies.
0 Likes
TYL3R
Active Level 4
Suggestions
I highly recommend, to all the anti-bloatware people, to start purchasing Unlocked Phones.
0 Likes
dports
Active Level 4
Suggestions
Samsung doesn't care about your opinion, only how much money they are going to make at the end of the year.
JordinX5
Active Level 6
Suggestions
that's kind of exactly what's wrong with them
0 Likes
braddhill77
Active Level 6
Suggestions
Why do y'all still stick with them then? I got hooked on the camera after swearing them off for 4 years. But I feel like no manufacturer is really 100% in it for their customers. Gotta kinda pick your poison.
0 Likes