Did you mean: 

Original topic:

Hotspot Timer

(Topic created on: 10-29-2019 10:04 PM)
BillyxAllen
Active Level 6
Options
Suggestions
I was just wondering if someone at Samsung can include a timer for the hotspot feature to turn off automatically. I **bleep** falling asleep while using your hotspot and yet set the tv timer, but then the Roku keeps playing content while the TV is off 😂
4 Comments
humdum
Active Level 5
Suggestions
does the Roku itself have a timer perhaps? the hotspot can be configured to turn off but only if there's no connected devices. this is a good idea.
Solution
LalisaManoban
Active Level 4
Suggestions
Make a Bixby routine and set the If to something like if it falls below a certain level of battery life and it's not charging, or past a certain time, or use the "Sleeping" where it automatically detects if you're sleeping. Then set the then to turn off mobile hotspot.
SamsungUSABetaTeam
Community Manager
Options
Suggestions

Please navigate to settings -> connections -> mobile hotspot and tethering -> mobile hotspot -> click menu (3 dots top right) - > timeout settings. Default is set to 20 mins.

If issue persists, please send us an error report with screenshots from One UI Beta App (Beta Feedback -> Send feedback-> Error Reports -> "Select Category" -> Input frequency and Description" -> Send (Top Right Icon) . We appreciate your support for the beta program.

BillyxAllen
Active Level 6
Suggestions
I appreciate all of your replies. I am using Bixby routines. They should just call it routines, because I'm still a firm believer that Bixby (the assistant) should be removed. Thank you all for the replies!
0 Likes