Resolved! Solved

Original topic:

Dual Volte (Voice over LTE)

(Topic created on: 12-31-2022 01:55 AM)
ErnAqui12
Active Level 5
Options
Support
This is a little frustrating. I was under the impression that dual Volte can work here when you turn on both options, yet the opposite result. Volte is only for sim 1 even if you turn on dual Volte. If you check on the top right, it will only say VoLTE1 which identifies SIM 1 use. How about sim 2? I tried to test it by calling a number using video call over a regular phone call, not using any supported apps, and it only supports sim 1, not sim 2. What can you say about this, Mr SAMSUNG OPERATORS. I NEED ANSWERS. 

11 Comments
ErnAqui12
Active Level 5
Support
Honestly, I wont know this until I call my wife's number to video call her through the telephone icon and only sim 1 is good for video call option, it does not show option for sim 2 just like when you do a regular phone call, it will ask you whether you use sim 1 or sim 2.
0 Likes
Bolantoy
Active Level 5
Support
It's locked.
Refer below pics to see the diff.
👇Screenshot_20221231-174556_Settings_57322_1672479956.jpgScreenshot_20221231-173019_Settings_57315_1672479019.jpg
0 Likes
ErnAqui12
Active Level 5
Support
So how to fix that? Can samsung do something to enable that feature? VoLTE for sim 2 is going to be useless here, friend.
0 Likes
Bolantoy
Active Level 5
Support
Check it first by installing '4g lte switcher' app at playstore.
0 Likes
ErnAqui12
Active Level 5
Support
That aint nice. Another mediator app for the phone's responsibility to operate the way it should for itself? Dont want to add another tool to consume my phone's memory and battery. Samsung should do something about this, my friend
0 Likes
Bolantoy
Active Level 5
Support
It's about your carrier samsung has nothing to do with it. I suggest to check it first if it's really lock. Besides you can uninstall after.
Solution
Unknoẅn_useř
Active Level 10
Support
Better ask Smart, Globe or Dito, they manage VoLTE and VoWifi for every sim.

Samsung has nothing to do with VoLTE and VoWifi. They just manufacture phones to support those features. Its up to your network carrier if they will give you those features.

You can request to enable VoLTE and VoWifi for Smart, TNT prepaid sims. For Globe I'm not sure if they support it for prepaid sims.
ErnAqui12
Active Level 5
Support
Globe does support it. And so as DITO. Those are what I use. No wonder it doesnt show VoLTE2 because sim 2 is smart. Makes sense.
Solution
ErnAqui12
Active Level 5
Support
Ooohh really !!?? It's my bad after all 😅 apologiez for my frustration. I just got carried away you know. The feeling when you cant make something work and you look for answers, you tend to vent out. At least, I found very reliable answers. Thanks to all of you. Appreciate it 😊 such a happy samsung user here, ever since 😁 glad we have this kind of community to help each one. My sicerest thank you thank you !!!