Active Level 1
Options
Support
After updated to the 5.1 build.

The wifi function does not any more 

Alan84
Active Level 2
Support
**bleep** I just installed the new update facing the same too. Software issue and required us to pay? Seriouslly?
Abu1
Beginner Level 3
Support

I have a galaxy fold 3: This is ridiculous that after any updates either the hardware wifi brakes, same the inner screen hardware brakes and/or the Bluetooth hardware brakes. When soft brakes hardware, this is ludicrous!!! Mine broke the both 3 after upgrading to one UI 5.0 on Android version 13. Still broken after sent to repair . And we do not have anymore an insurance coverage for something that is out of our control. I propose a class action because all these bugs causing harmful hardware damages are too much for a premium phone paid a lot of money. There is also too much uncertainty, for Samsung phones that are unreliable and unstable. #SamsthingBad & Class action please!

JP19
Expert Level 3
Support
Hi, can I check with u what is broken after u got ur ZF3 back from repair?
0 Likes
aloychow
Active Level 2
Support
My wifi also cannot turn on after 5.1 build update. It seems to heat up when i try to turn it on and shortly it toggles off again. Samsung needs to fix this bug soon.. it is eating into our data plan cost!
JP19
Expert Level 3
Support
Hey aloychow, are u experiencing wifi button cannot turn on as well?
aloychow
Active Level 2
Support
Yes. They gave me instructions to reset network setttings (which I already did) and it is still not working. It somehow also mess with my GPS location accuracy the other day too. This is obviously caused by the new 5.1 One UI and am waiting for Samsung to get fix it soon. Really find it as a shock that the QC of software/OS release wasnt tested before release and with so many people affected around the world, their take on this action is slow and no public announcement has been made on it.
JP19
Expert Level 3
Support
Okay then I also don't bother with resetting the network settings, cos it means resetting Bluetooth and my watch will need to be re-paired and re-setup again.

Did ur phone suddenly restart and thereafter the wifi button is no longer working?

Yes, it's really disappointing that their One UI 5.1 update has broken many ZF3 devices, especially wifi.
0 Likes
aloychow
Active Level 2
Support
Yes exactly! My phone suddenly restarted and started updating itself without any prior notice. This doesnt seem like the usual Samsung update that will inform us and give us the option to choose for a scheduled update to be delayed. That's very unlike a giant manufacturer's practice of doing things.

It would very wrong for Samsung to make any user to pay for repair as this is clearly a manufacturer's part of overlooking and implementation. With this Z series being one of their top range series being affected, this should be considered as a very big concern to Samsung. They should be panicking now to come up with a solution.
JP19
Expert Level 3
Support
Omg.. exact same thing as me. My phone crashed and auto-restarted without notice. Normally, crash will pop up some message saying that the app is not working. Nope it didn't and simply just restarted my phone. After it restarted, I noticed my wifi button turned off by default, cos normally it will be based on my settings before my phone turned off. Then I kept toggling on, the wifi wouldn't turn on.

I went to Members app and a crash report appeared, asking whether I want to turn off, dismiss or send the report. In the first lines of the crash report, it was saying about improper restart.

Yes, I strongly believe this is not a hardware issue, as my wifi was instantly not working after a forced restart..
0 Likes
JP19
Expert Level 3
Support
Hey aloy, just an update, I have just sent in my phone yesterday already and currently waiting for the repair to be completed. Seems like it's a design flaw to begin with. The WiFi cable is attached to the LCD, so most likely that will require replacement. Btw, Ur Mobile Hotspot button also cannot toggle on, right?