Original topic:

S21 Mic + Bandlab / FL Mobile

(Topic created on: 07-12-2022 01:42 PM)
Wozza1
Beginner Level 3
Options
Support

Hey All,

I have an issue recording audio through my S21. When using an application such as FL Mobile it is essential to monitor the music so you know what/when vocals should be recorded etc. without bleeding through on the vocal track.

E.g. listen to the music through headphones. And sing into the phone mic.

Using Bluetooth headphones causes a small amount of delay when recording as it takes time to transmit the audio (even if just a bit) which throws off the timing. So this is a no go. (But does work, although I don't want to keep chopping and syncing the tracks manually)

I purchased a USB-C to 3.5mm jack[f] and additionally purchased headphones without a mic to try and resolve this however, the phone mic will not activate with this set up?

I have tried to review as many tutorials as I can and cannot get the outcome I am seeking, which in my opinion is a relatively simple one, that has worked on its predecessors.

Has anyone found a work around for this? I have seen some others with the same problem, but to date, no solution. 

Thanks all for any assistance!

Wozza1

5 Comments
Wozza1
Beginner Level 3
Support

https://youtu.be/CLyX8z41PR0

This has been issue has been going on for a while and seems to be a software issue affecting many users. 

Get it sorted Samsung otherwise you may end up losing a good portion of your customer base just because we cannot utilise a very very basic function.

A lot of people record music, podcast, vlog etc and if more people find out about this spftware inadequacy they won't be in a hurry to come back to Samsung. 

After a few weeks of trying to get an external microphone to work on the Samsung Galaxy S20. I was finally able to find a solution using the RODE SC16 (usb-c to usb-c) connector. Without a usb-c compatable microphone, you will be limited to only bluetooth microphones such as the SabineTek ...
Khaled75
Expert Level 5
Support
Try restarting your phone.
0 Likes
Khaled75
Expert Level 5
Support
Did you try restarting your phone?
0 Likes
SamsungRightCare
Community Manager
Options
Support

Hi, Wozza1!

I'm so sorry you're experiencing this problem with your phone. Ideally, using your internal microphone with a 3.5mm headphone jack plugged into your phone would work naturally. But if it's not working properly, your USB Type C to 3.5mm jack adapter might have compatibility with your headphone. I have found a third-party app that might help you with your problem. The app is called Lesser AudioSwitch. With this app, you can set your speaker's input and output the way you want it to. Here is the link to the app:https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.nordskog.LesserAudioSwitch&hl=en_IN

You can watch this tutorial on how to use the app: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E-z1dNZenOA

0 Likes
Khaled75
Expert Level 5
Support
Try restarting your phone.
0 Likes