Did you mean: 

Original topic:

software update

(Topic created on: 02-15-2023 02:41 PM)
ulappp
Beginner Level 2
Options
Support
Im from the Philippines. My samsung note 10 5g is manufactured in France and I don't receive any software update. The simcard's mobile data is working. It's still android 11 updated yr 2021. What should I do?
0 Likes
19 Comments
butete
Expert Level 5
Support
usually its for free, give them a call first
0 Likes
ulappp
Beginner Level 2
Support
so i won't really receive any updates then? like is there a way to resolve this without samsung center?
0 Likes
butete
Expert Level 5
Support
you can on your own using your pc and getting the necessary files
0 Likes
ulappp
Beginner Level 2
Support
is this forever? not recieveing update since its from other country?
0 Likes
Obviou_sly
Active Level 9
Support
Can you try using VPN?
0 Likes
ulappp
Beginner Level 2
Support
what should I do after installing vpn?
0 Likes
TeamGalaxyRene
Options
Support

Hello ulappp,

We understand you are having difficulty updating your Samsung Galaxy Note 10 5G, which was manufactured in France, and since then, it has not received any software updates.

Your well-loved Samsung Galaxy Note 10 5G was released in August 2019 with Android 11 OS and eligible to received Android 12 OS and periodic security patch updates.

Software updates are like oil changes and tune-ups for your phone, as they keep things running smoothly. They also help improve the user interface, enhance security, and remove minor bugs. We recommend updating the software whenever a new version is available so you can make sure your device stays in tip-top shape but your device has encountered restrictions to do so.

Recommendations to have the latest software updates.

1) Sufficient power and storage capacity.

2) Stable internet connection, preferably on Wi-Fi.

3) If your carrier allows downloads over mobile data, go to Settings > Software Update > Turn off Auto Download over Wi-Fi. If the feature is not available, you will need to contact your service provider for additional assistance. 

I hope that with the mentioned recommendations and replies here, you will be able to successfully download the pending updates on your device.

For more help and assistance, you may contact us via our online Samsung Customer Care support channels below.

https://samsung-livechat.sprinklr.com/seao/ph/index.html 

Or our Samsung Customer Care direct hotline numbers below.

#GALAXY or #425299 [Mobile Phones & Tablets]
Available 24/7

1-800-10-7267864 [All Product, Toll Free, PLDT]
1-800-8-7267864 [All Product, Toll Free, Globe]
842 221 11 [All Product, Landline]
Daily (8:00am to 8:00pm)

Let us know if you've found a solution by tapping "Accept as Solution" on the answer you like!

Stay safe and have a nice day ahead! Thanks for contacting Samsung.

0 Likes
ulappp
Beginner Level 2
Support
the software update is not clickable. My simcard data is working fine. My brother sent 2 phones(Samsung A13) made in Australia and I was able to update it to android 13 color os 5. What about my samsung note 10 5g? will there be a software update? Screenshot_20230215-222650_Settings.jpgScreenshot_20230206-092743_Settings_16209_1676593410.jpg
0 Likes
Edrelle
Active Level 1
Support
I've been using Samsung Galaxy A02, a budget phone and it stock at android 11. And before, samsung members posted eligible devices to get android 12 and my phone was also on the list. Then android 13 was announce and a few months later the update here in samsung member for android 12 disappear. Samsung, what happen? My phone does not recieve even a single level of android update.
0 Likes
Edrelle
Active Level 1
Support
I only recieve security patch update.
0 Likes