Original topic:

PIN not working on Tab A8 wifi

(Topic created on: 08-29-2022 12:29 PM)
currang2
Beginner Level 2
Options
Tablets

My partner can't access her Tab because the pin was not recognised. She hasn't changed to pin, nor has anybody else accessed the Tab who might otherwise have done so. She has a good memory so is unlikely to have just forgotten it.

Have PINs been known to change or become corrupted? 

I am not sure that the Tab will auto connect to our wifi network to enable access by Find my phone, which presumably might be able to provide access only if the wifi is connected.

Is there a way to factory reset without a PIN. I haven't been able to Power-off because am blocked by needing the PIN and can't get to the Factory Reset menu.

0 Likes
4 Comments
uchetia
Active Level 6
Tablets
Try connecting to wifi from pulling the notifications panel from lock screen (if you haven't disabled notifications panel on lock screen)

If all else fails there is a power button+ volume button combination (check google) to force a factory reset if I remember.

If there is no sensitive information on the tab take to a electronics shop. They have software which can unlock a locked device ( I did it with my phone)
0 Likes
SamsungLaura
Options
Tablets

Hi @currang2, thanks for reaching out. For this, has your partner set up Find My Mobile on her Tab A8? Through this, there is an option to remote unlock the device from the same account.

You can remotely unlock your mobile device by accessing the Find My Mobile website. In order to use this feature however, you need to make sure your mobile device has met the following preconditions outlined below.

• Mobile device must be turned on.
  • Mobile device must be connected to Wi-Fi or mobile network.
  • Your Samsung account must be registered on your mobile device and have the Remote unlock option enabled.
  • https://findmymobile.samsung.com/ 

If this does not work, you can try factory reset your device by:

• Ensure the device is powered off.
  • Press and hold the Volume up and Power buttons
  • From the Android Recovery screen, select Wipe data/factory reset
  • Use the Volume buttons to cycle through available options and the Power button to select. Continue to hold Volume up and Power buttons until the Android Recovery screen appears (about 10-15 seconds) then release both buttons.
  • Select Factory Reset

0 Likes
Troubadour
Active Level 10
Tablets
Please check her bank accounts immediately.
0 Likes
hi2hs
Active Level 5
Tablets
If you can try every possible pin you know of
0 Likes