Original topic:

HW-950A-XY vs HW-900A-XY different hardware?

(Topic created on: 07-29-2021 08:04 AM)
Fleetz
Beginner Level 2
Options
TV & Audio

I am looking buy a high end soundbar for my Samsung 75”. 

Yesterday I listened to the HW-950A-XY in store without the rears connected and it sounded great. My room set up at home doesn’t allow me to space the rear speakers so they are not required. Unfortunately the store didn’t have the HW-900A-XY on display and I tried to ascertain if the difference between the two models is simply the rear speakers. 

The sales guys indicated yes but that didn’t make sense give one is 11.1.4 and the other 7.1.2? It’s hard making a decision without actually listening to the unit to compare. Where is the 4  channels difference in 11 vs 7? Up firing? Side firing? 

Is there anyone in the know or can a rep from Samsung let me know what the fundamental difference are between the two system? 

The subwoofers carry the same measurements and appear to be the same unit but looks can be deceiving. Are that the same in performance? 

I have tried to analyse the specs but it doesn’t provide the answers I am looking for. I searched the net, You Tube etc but nothing that answers the questions.

I don’t want to purchase the 900 to find there is a noticeable difference to what I heard the 950 sound like in soundbar and sub configuration demo. 

Can someone please help clarify? I am happy to get into the weeds type comparison, I am a retired electronic engineer of 48 years experience.

1 Comment
SamsungJon
Options
TV & Audio

Hi @Fleetz, the channels of difference with the sound output is with the rear speakers for the HW950A. The subwoofers are the same unit between the HW950A and HW900A.

Please see the below images for the sound output  difference between 7.1.2 and 11.1.4: 

7.2 sound.JPG11.1.4 sound.JPG

Hope this helps!