Original topic:

New Samsung Q990B Sound Bar, audio drops out, requires sound bar to be powered-off, or inputs cycled

(Topic created on: 01-18-2023 10:07 PM)
SpamMeNotInoz
Beginner Level 3
Options
TV & Audio

Hi, I have constant issues with this soundbar dropping audio.  First from the Sony TV via eARC, so tried ARC (using the cable provided), but sound would regularly stop, particularly with Netflix.  Audio was set to Passthrough.

So thought must be Sony\Samsung, not playing nicely, so I purchased an Amazon FireCube 3rd Gen, and directly plug into the SoundBar, and Alas the exact same symptoms.  Sounds regularly drops out and I need to re-cycled inputs and\or power on\off the sound-bar.  Also purchased a new HDMI cable.

Contacted support, who guided me through the USB firmware process to upgrade to ver 1010.0, but this actually made the problem worse.

Could this be a faulty soundbar, or a known issue to be corrected in firmware?

0 Likes
4 Comments
TV & Audio
Try updating the firmware first. When did you buy it? I know JB Hifi are usually pretty happy to handle exchanges if you purchased from there.

Had issues with my Sony recently, and at least in that case, the comlany handled my RMA request within 24 hours of lodging it and Jbhifi allowed an exchange.

I had very similar symptoms to you, but firmware update did nothing.
SpamMeNotInoz
Beginner Level 3
TV & Audio

Thanks for the reply, device was upgraded to ver 1010.0 firmware via USB, was purchased from the Good Guys back in October.

0 Likes
SpamMeNotInoz
Beginner Level 3
TV & Audio

More testing:

When the issue occurs it impacts sounds on the FireCube menu + Netflix, Prime and Disney.
However: If I play local media that isn't encoded in Dolby, eg: DTS then I get sound.  When I stop playing the DTS content, I get no audio, until I reboot the soundbar.  Very strange.

0 Likes
gopsmaddy
Beginner Level 2
TV & Audio

I have the same issue of sound dropping every few minutes. Is this resolved ?

0 Likes