Original topic:

Samsung smart remote BN59-01385A

(Topic created on: 01-18-2023 02:24 AM)
seang86s
Beginner Level 2
Options
TV & Audio

Hi.  Purchased a QN900B 65 inch TV and I am setting it up today.  The TV powers on fine and is sitting at the initial setup screen asking if I want to use the remote or Samsung app to continue setup.  The issue is the smart remote.  Nothing happens when I press any of the buttons.  I left it in the sun for an hour and still nothing.  I tried charging it via the USB port and the LED rapidly flashes, but it still doesn't work while the remote is plugged in or not.  In fact, the only sign of life is when the USB cable is plugged in because the LED flashes rapidly.  Once it's unplugged, there is no response.  I tried multiple USB cables and chargers all of which charge several different phones without an issue.

I have a home theater with an IR repeater in another room (the TV is not in this room).  The IR repeater flashes when I receives an IR signal.  It doesn't flash when I point this remote at it and press a button.  Is this remote IR based?  This is just a troubleshooting step to confirm if the remote is sending any IR signal out.

Is this remote dead? 

0 Likes
1 Comment
SamsungClaudette
Community Manager
Options
TV & Audio

Hello @seang86s

I’m sorry that you are having issues with your Remote.

I suggest you try some of the solutions listed below:

1. Make sure that you have entirely removed the film that is inserted in the bottom of your Samsung Smart Remote.
  2. Make sure that your Smart remote is not disconnected from your TV.
  3. Your batteries might need to be charged more or replaced
  4. While pointing your remote at the screen. Press and hold play/pause and return buttons at the same time for 3 seconds. Your TV will begin syncing with the smart remote.    

Kind regards,

SamsungClaudette  

0 Likes