Original topic:

android phone app speaker icon killed when gear s3 connected

(Topic created on: 01-18-2023 05:52 PM)
fullofIT
Beginner Level 2
Options
Wearables

new motorola mobile has a problem with the phone app speaker icon disappearing when my galaxy s3 watch is connected. Mobile running android 12. If i disconnect the watch the speaker icon reappears in the normal android phone call app. Then if i reconnect the speaker icon is replaced by a phone icon. Before ihad galaxy j5 moile with android 9 and this problem did not happen. Looks like i will have to run the watch disconnected. Any ideas how to fix ?

0 Likes
3 Comments
Wearables
@fullofIT have you reached out to Motorola? Since it would appear to be a problem with their phone, based on what you've written.

Also, do you mean Gear S3? These will work with other android devices, but some caveats apply.

https://www.samsung.com/us/support/answer/ANS00082502/
Clairelara
Active Level 4
Wearables

Check with another phone so you can know if it is an issue with the watch or the phone. Then reset the Watch and see if you get the same problem or reset both devices and connect them. Check these possibilities!

0 Likes
SamsungClaudette
Community Manager
Options
Wearables

Hello @ fullofIT

We see that you have sent out an error report and the team has gotten back to you with a response. Please refer to that.

Kind Regards,

SamsungClaudette

0 Likes