Original topic:

Issue with galaxy watch 5 pro

(Topic created on: 05-12-2023 11:32 AM)
hanaWG
Active Level 2
Options
Wearables
Hi, any 1 using this having any issue?
Got this watch when it launched in sg, within 1st month, it start to lag and screen start to go crazy.
Went to service center 4th times and repair pending 3 days to 3 weeks.
Anyone face the same thing?
0 Likes
15 Comments
JP19
Expert Level 3
Wearables
Hi, nope I didn't send in for repair, as I knew that the repair would cost the same or more than a brand new set. And at that time, Watch Active 2 was alr 2 years, so the value of it had depreciated a lot. When it finally died in Nov that year, I purchased a Watch 4 instead to replace my dead Active 2. Till today, my Watch Active 2 can still power on, but I can't see the screen, will need to replace the LCD.
0 Likes
hanaWG
Active Level 2
Wearables
Sent to Westgate service centre for the 5th time on 26th of April, until now still pending on repairing.
Did received 1 phone call 6 days later on the 2nd of may to confirm my watch need repair.
On the 8th received a call to stated my watch pending on spare parts but should be able to get it by end of the week.
On the 10th received SMS still working on the watch.
16 days later I still haven't get back the watch, just wondering how long does a actual repair take.
Spare parts and confirmation took more than 3 weeks?? Feel like samsung is purposely dragging and delaying and keep giving empty promises.
0 Likes
hanaWG
Active Level 2
Wearables
From 6th of April till now 12nd of may, I only had the watch for 10 days..with Westgate services center for more than 30 days..it is really unfair for me and show how poor is their service records.
0 Likes
JP19
Expert Level 3
Wearables
Last year, I had my Watch 4 sent in for repair, due to the GPS not working after a software update. It took about a week before I got it back.

In general, Samsung watches are still subpar, compared to Apple watches, in terms of durability. But no choice, I can't get Apple watch for my Samsung phone. And I don't want an iPhone. Still prefer Samsung phones, despite having tried iPhone till today (company phone).
0 Likes
hanaWG
Active Level 2
Wearables
Oic, cos 26th of April till now ( 16 days!!!) , I haven't get back the watch still pending on parts ( 2 phone calls n 1 sms on the so called update/ follow up).
Now seem like keep dragging the repair period which is really frustrating and knowing 10 days or so later after getting back the watch, old issues will still reoccurring like ghost touches etc .
I love samsung phone too, been using the series since note 5.
1st time use wearable ( as a gift) and encountered this faulty watch, really bad experience.
Getting apple watch 8 on the way and realised it won't pair with my current samsung s22 ultra.
Say frankly I already give up on this watch 5 pro when it is unable to switch off and get very very hot and battery (60%)flat within 1 hour. I was really praying it won't exploded at night and went to service center ASAP
JP19
Expert Level 3
Wearables
Looks like they are unable to resolve the issue, despite changing the parts. Hope that they will finally replace with a new set instead.

My mum ever had her Active 2 repaired for 3 times, and the issue was never resolved. Eventually, she gave up using and kept in storage till today. Now, she is alr using iPhone and Apple Watch. She loves it a lot.

Yes, if Apple Watch Series 8 is compatible with Android devices, u will see massive number of Android wearable users flock to buying Apple Watches to pair with their Android devices, or some may ultimately switch to Apple ecosystem. For me, I don't like a full one-brand ecosystem. I like the flexibility to use different brands and be able to use my devices to communicate with one another, basic will do. Just like I have been using Airpods Pro as my Bluetooth earphones for 3 ½ years alr. And I probably will stick to buying Apple Airpods, even if my current APP Gen 1 dies one day.