Did you mean: 

Original topic:

Samsung Buds Pro causing ear infection

(Topic created on: 12-22-2021 08:49 AM)
DBTABC
Beginner Level 2
Options
Wearables
I've bought Samsung Galaxy earbuds pro in september. For a few weeks, i was pretty happy with it until I felt itchiness in my ear. Overnight, liquid started coming out from my ear. I've never had an ear infection before.

I waited for a month or so for my ear to heal until I started using the earbuds again, but alas, the same thing happened. This just hints that it might be the earbuds. So again I waited for a month or so, disinfected the earbuds, and started using them again. Guess what? The same thing happens - itchiness in the ear, **bleep** coming out. This time, i went to the doctor and got some antibiotics and eardrops.

I've contacted Samsung regarding this. They wanted me to provide a document to show that the ear infection was due to their earbuds. Basically, a document by the doctor that says 'It has been proven that the samsung galaxy earbuds has been causing ear infection for this patient'. So they want me to pay even more money for the doctor to run allergy tests as proof. How ridiculous is this?! 

Will they even pay for my medical expenses?!?! Or will they just refund my earbuds? Samsung better wake up because I see that I'm not the only one experiencing this. Just google search this issue and you'll find a bunch. Even saw that a lawsuit is being filed against Samsung for this

42 Comments
Wearables
Samsung should foot the medical bills if I'm not wrong. Just unfortunate that their 'Pro' buds has this issue.
Knots
Active Level 7
Wearables
Soory to hear that. In the pass do you experience the same for using ear piece?
SamsungNantakkumar
Options
Wearables

Hello DBTABC. I am Faiz, from Samsung.

We regret to know that you’re in this situation. If you feel ear pain or skin irritation occurs while using the earbuds, please immediately stop using the device and visit your doctor for consulting. We also recommend removing earbuds periodically from your ears so that the humidity inside the ears can be lowered when using the device for a long time. After prolonged wearing Buds Pro please dry your ears and clean the earbuds and ear tips regularly to prevent any problem.

For further guidance on using the earbuds, kindly refer to this link: https://www.samsung.com/sg/support/newsalert/122841/

Should you require further assistance, kindly contact our Phone Support at 1800-425-2997. Our experts at Samsung Care Line will advise you more in detail.

Thank you.

NitraJ75
Beginner Level 2
Wearables

I never wear mine more than 20-30 minutes, and the irritation is extreme. My ear either drains and always has a sore inside it. I only use one ear bud (the right ear) and that is the only ear that is irritated. I have had other ear buds before and this has never happened. I paid too much money for this to be an issue.

Jk415
Active Level 2
Wearables

PLEASE sign this petition to hold Samsung responsible for ear infections cause by their wireless buds.

https://chng.it/DnZqqmdS9t

Annetteb2
Beginner Level 4
Wearables

I have the same problem.  I think I will stop using them.  What a huge waste of money.  Not as if they were cheap.

0 Likes
Jk415
Active Level 2
Wearables

None of this helps. You are selling defective buds that cause irritation in my ears and also many other customers. Your customer service agents provide zero help and want me to send my buds in for inspection. But based on Samsung customer service responses I am very skeptical about sending you small buds via mail. You also said you would send me a box and shipping label, which never came after ordering it twice. I have no confidence that my buds will reach you and not get lost. Who will be responsible for this? But in the meantime, I can't wear the buds I spent $180 on. You also expect us to pay money to have tests done on our ears when it is your fault they are getting irritated due to the materials being used. Completely unacceptable.

psciandra
Beginner Level 2
Wearables

I wear mine when I work out 3 days per week for about 45mins each time and then occasionally for calls. I do not have them in more than 1 - 1.5 hrs per day. I have this issue and verified by not using for ten days then using again. It is both ears and a waste of money for buds that I can not use!

0 Likes
Frankie7639
Beginner Level 2
Wearables
I'm having this ear infection also. Now I'm not sure weather to dispose it. I change to other brand and no issue. If I use Samsung ear bud... My ear start to have the infection. Liquid start flowing out.
0 Likes