Resolved! Solved

Original topic:

Watch6 Not syncing Australian Daylight Savings occasionally

(Topic created on: 10-07-2023 08:42 PM)
SungSamOz
Active Level 1
Options
Wearables

Oct 1 was when Daylight Savings Kicked in. 

I have had my watch for more than a month before Oct 1. 

Since Oct 1, I have had 2 -3 instances where my watch is 1 hour behind my phone time. While I am not sure if the de-Syncing happens while on wrist or not, I suspect when it was laid on the desk. 

Switching off Bluetooth, restart or unlink-link does not always seem to work immediately. Though eventually after multiple tries one of them helps. 

My old Watch 3 never had this issue. 

Until last week the Watch wasnt recording Deep Sleep properly or probably other aspects of sleep. Now it has started recording deep sleep, and is probably showing too good results. However, this drastic improvement now coincides with this new issue. True daylight savings started only now but just wondering. 

5 Comments
Solution
Troubadour
Active Level 10
Wearables
Here's one link to look at
https://www.samsung.com/us/support/troubleshooting/TSG01003264/
If that doesn't work Google "samsung watch 6 syncing time" for more suggestions.
SungSamOz
Active Level 1
Wearables
Thanks for this. I had my watch switched off on charging and on turning it back on I had the issue replicated 0.5 hours ago. Steps 1,2,3 were tried this week and were not applicable.
Step 4 was interesting. On re-pairing either my phone did not detect the watch or asked me to transfer data to new phone via the watch. On trying the 'transfer' option the setup on phone showed me two devices with the same watch name, selecting either continued for 1 to 3% before stating there was a communication error. So definitely there was some newly introduced problem into the communications from 2 Oct 2023.
Then I followed the reset option and re setup the watch. Now got to see if device works as intended or starts up again.
0 Likes
Troubadour
Active Level 10
Wearables
Plesse advise if you resolve this. With thanks.
0 Likes
SungSamOz
Active Level 1
Wearables
Thanks and looks good so far. Just repeated my actions (switch off- charge- switch on)and the watch sync seems to have persisted. Hope no issues after this
SamsungClaudette
Community Manager
Options
Wearables

Hey @Troubadour 

Thanks for your help ‌‌‌‌

Kind Regards,

SamsungClaudette

0 Likes