Original topic:

Apps Keep Going to Sleep

(Topic created on: 04-09-2021 01:33 PM)
V18
Beginner Level 2
Options
Discussion

Hi there as the owner and developer of a travel safe location app - I’m alarmed and disappointed that your phones are putting my app to sleep rendering it useless to our customers and putting their lives at risk! 

People download our app (mind your it is a FREE app) for friends and family to see their location, travel history, itinerary plans and to receive alerts for low phone battery, inactivity, emergency events in their location and to help find missing persons globally through our social enterprise linked to the app.  All of this is rendered useless as Samsung puts our app to sleep after a few hours (unless users keeps actively opening the app - which they shouldn’t have to do - the app is supposed to work in the background while you travel) 

As you can imagine we have spent much time on research and development to end up with a product that doesn’t work on many Android phones including Samsung.  It only works well on Apple phones.  This is due to a battery saving feature that you have installed on phones that renders many apps including ours useless - while we had already put thousands of dollars insuring our app had absolute minimal battery drain!! 

if you could please contact us to Whitelist our app it would be appreciated. Thank you 

1 Comment
SamsungJon
Options
Discussion

Hi @V18, I'm sorry to hear that this has happened, would you please send us an email in regards to this issue? Thanks.

0 Likes