Original topic:

Texting problems

(Topic created on: 06-02-2023 04:25 PM)
spasky_notski
Active Level 2
Options
Discussion
Hey geeky types. About 3 months ago I started having problems sending txts and sms messages. It only happens in the hours from 3.00pm to 7.00pm every day. In frustration after hrs of searching for a fix on line, i violently smashed the phone (a 2 month old new Samsung A53) with a hammer.
So, I bought a refurbished S20. The issue continued with it.
My carrier, Telstra (Australia), can't help and the store i bought the phone from (Samsung Galaxy S20) can't help either.
Its doing my head in. I can't find any resolution online at all. The Samsung S20 manual has no mention.
Can anyone advise what is happening and a posdible fix please, before i smash this one too?
23 Comments
Discussion
Just some questions so we can easily debug.

1. Are you using the samsung messages app or the google messages app?

2. Is it only happening on sending sms? No issue receiving one from that period?

3. What's the error? Is it "Couldn't send message" or something like that?

4. Can you confirm you are not on flight mode during that period? You have signal bars showing etc.

5. You're sms are not scheduled? No clock icon beside the message etc.

Sorry lots of questions.. just want to isolate some possible causes of your issue.
spasky_notski
Active Level 2
Discussion
I just switched to Google Messages but there is a small clock next to it. Does that mean the SMS is on a sending delay and if so how did that happen?
0 Likes
spasky_notski
Active Level 2
Discussion
1. Its the blue one with 3 blue dots on a white callout in the centre and says 'Messages' on the top.of the compose page.
2. No problem recieving at all.
3. "Unable to send"
4. Flight Mode off always usuall have 4 or 5 bars.
5. Not scheduled

Thanks for responding.
Mike
Discussion
Do you have any other phone to test? To see if it's really the phone or network related.

And by 3-7pm everyday, even weekends right? So I doubt it's a overloaded network issue. But I might be wrong.

It's weird that by your description it's happening at constant time range daily. So I suspect there's something scheduled running (like routines) that's preventing you to send sms.
Discussion
Another option is to reset your network settings. Just search that in your phone setting.
spasky_notski
Active Level 2
Discussion
Reset network just now. Sent a message 20 mins ago which failed 6 times. Then it went after i hit the resend option and was received. Arghhh!
spasky_notski
Active Level 2
Discussion
I tested messaging on my old Galaxy S8 and a friends new Galaxy A12. No problems with either.
I've noted however, in the same 3 month period this has been a problem, that at other times, a message will be sent after a delay of between 15 and 30 secs or will send if i hit the resend option in the failed send notification 3 times. Then, the receiver will ask why they got multiple instances of the same message. Where will i find "routines" in settings?
spasky_notski
Active Level 2
Discussion
There are no routines running.
Discussion
Another is check your operator's number in your sms app.

Open your phone's messages app > settings > more settings > text messages > message centre

Check if it's setup properly with your network's number. +61418706700 is for telstra according to google. 😀