Original topic:

Trade-up issue and Samsung website issues

(Topic created on: 09-13-2022 03:19 PM)
Dheeraj91
Active Level 1
Options
Discussion

Hi there,

Recently I have tried purchasing a Galaxy S22 ultra on 03/09/2022 by trading in my Pixel 6 pro.

Unfortunately at the end moment the payment failed and the money has been deducted from my account for $954. But it has been confirmed that there are no

pending orders under my name.

Also, the trade-up people have also put my card on hold for $425 and now the website says that my trade-in ID can't be used now as it has been already used.

Though the trade-up charge by Asurion has been refunded today on 13/09/2022

I have contacted the Samsung customer service multiple

times regarding this issue and after multiple attempts

of explaining the issue, someone recently was kind

enough to raise this issue regarding my pending order

which isn't reflecting on Samsung's end.

Also I have tried contacting Asurion regarding this trade-in ID not working and I have been waiting for their response.

As the issue resulted in delay of the trade-in bonus for Samsung s22 ultra which is expiring on 09/09/2022 and though the trade-in didn't work it says that the trade-in can't be generated as it has been used already.

Also, would like to request if a new trade-in code could be setup for my device as I couldn't go ahead with the trade-in because the payment failed and yet the trade in code says it couldn't be activated as it has been already used.

I have contacted Asurion regarding this issue but there has been no response unfortunately.

0 Likes
6 Comments
Troubadour
Active Level 10
Discussion
Use the search button top right to search "Asurion". You will find my advice on this to others and others' similar problems. Ypu might use others' problems as background if you decide to make a case to the Telecomunications Industry Ombudsman (TIO). You have my sympathy.
0 Likes
Dheeraj91
Active Level 1
Discussion

Hi there, 

Thanks for your help. If the issue isn't rectified soon I might consider your approach.

Thank you.

0 Likes
billzy
Beginner Level 2
Discussion
Hey all. My samsung z flip 3 5g is about 5 months old. Last 2 weeks I can't stand it. Screen goes black,I can't double tap to turn it on. Phone rings I go to answer screen goes black can't answer. I open my phone and it goes black.. I've done resets. Works better for few hours then back to trash again. Anyone else having this issue?
0 Likes
Twiglet73
Active Level 3
Discussion
Hello Dheeraj91,

I don't think proof of purchase is an issue. I spoke to someone in-store, last Wednesday, 05/09/2022, about trading in my current Samsung Galaxy S10 when (or just after) I purchase the Galaxy S22 Ultra (which I plan on doing tomorrow - 14/09/2022. I can't trade the phone in until I've transferred all info from it onto the new phone, mind you), but I was told there was no rush, as this offer expires at the end of September rather than 9th, unless it's different in-store from online.

I know the 10% off your first purchase isn't valid in-store, ie, it's an online offer.

Another point, although this may sound quite frustrating for you (I apologise if it does), but I thought the trade in only involved Samsung phones.

Either way, there was no mention of a problem with my phone being used, as the member of staff could clearly see it was. I thought that was the point, ie trade in your old (Samsung) phone to give you a discount of around $300 or so off your new Samsung phone.

Maybe I'm wrong. I'm just repeating what I was told almost a week ago in the Samsung store in George Street, Sydney NSW.

I do hope your problem is sorted out, Dheeraj91
0 Likes
Dheeraj91
Active Level 1
Discussion

Hey there,

Thank you so much for your insight into the issue but unfortunately the issue that's arising now is that though the previous purchase didn't go through it says the trade-up id has been used.

This is clearly not the case as the payment failed and the hold from Samsung and Asurion have been refunded as of now.

But when I try to generate a new trade-up ID says it says that this device 's IMEI has already been used.

I have emailed Asurion regarding this to cancel my previous trade-up ID and there has been no response.

I hope it fixes soon.

Thanks for your help.

0 Likes
nephonix
Beginner Level 2
Discussion
Don't bother Asurion and samsung are horrid, I did a trade in got my order number. It never got delivered, asked for a refund got it, asked for my phone back and this was November 2022, and they still will not give me my phone back as they said they have never received it.
0 Likes