Original topic:

A12 - no Smart View/screen mirroring

(Topic created on: 05-12-2021 04:41 PM)
Limes2002
Beginner Level 2
Options
Galaxy A
Recently purchased a12 as an upgrade to my a7, only to find some very basic features (clipboard; voice activated photoshooting; smart view - screen mirroring) no longer exist. Disappointed, as they were perfect in assisting easy marketing work that I do. 
Surely such basic tasks should remain as phone technology develops ??? 
12 Comments
SamsungJon
Options
Galaxy A

Hi @Limes2002, sorry to hear that you're not satisfied with your A12. Across hundreds of products, in dozens of categories, we use our design, engineering and manufacturing skills in an effort to deliver the most technically innovative and satisfying experiences of our customers. We have taken in your feedback in regards to the A12, and will be passed on internally. 

SmartView is no longer available, however the Smart Things app allows similar functionalities. Please see here for more information on Smart Things and screen mirroring: https://www.samsung.com/au/support/tv-audio-video/what-is-screen-mirroring-and-how-do-i-use-it-with-...

0 Likes
Galaxy A

Except, of course, when I tried to put the SmartThings app on my A12, the play store says it is unavailable for that model phone.  The appearance is that Samsung wants to push people to more expensive devices.  May not be true, but having had similar experiences with A01 and A02 phones, it certainly appears to be.

0 Likes
AnnaMargaret
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy A
Recently purchased an A12 Samsung and found no screen mirroring available. Very disappointed. Girl who sold me the phone was no help. I uploaded google home, couldn't do it from here. Also paid for a screen mirroring app and still can't get it to operate. Can someone please help me? Does this mean it will never work on this model? Might as well throw the phone in the bin. Waste of money
0 Likes
SamsungLaura
Options
Galaxy A

Hi @AnnaMargaret, an alternative to Smart View you can try is casting. You can mirror from the Google Home app and certain media playing apps to your TV as long as it is connected to a Chromecast via HDMI and the Chromecast and phone are on the same WiFi network. 

PabloYunes
Active Level 1
Galaxy A

No, it does not work with any app, not Google Home, not Smart Things, (I tried over 15). It is something about the phone and Android 11. However, older phones with ANdroid 11 (One UI 3.1) like A10 , works  perfectly,  and of course Xiamoi phones.

Samsung Galaxy A12 fails even to see new Samsung TV's. It can only send pictures or video through DLNA but no screen mirroring

0 Likes
Addiepower
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy A
What happens if you didn't buy chromecast, instead your bought a phone with built in screen mirroring and now it's been discontinued???
0 Likes
Rohit3
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy A

Samsung a12 me smart view not available option for please smart view option 🙏🙏🙏

0 Likes
SamSUCK1
Beginner Level 3
Galaxy A

I TOTALLY agree. Why Samsung walks back a feature like SCREEN MIRRORING, so BASIC that it's universally expected as BUILT-IN FEATURE ... is mind-boggling!

If I were to assign a dollar amount on all the time I've wasted trying to figure out how to get this PIECE OF **bleep** PHONE to perform BASIC FUNCTIONS ... seriously?

Is this phone some disgruntled engineer's JOKE?

Geezuz Samsung, **bleep** is going on over there?

Been a **bleep** Samsung fan for years, obviously time to turn the page.

No more Samsung for me.

Can't believe you guys even had the B*LLS to sell this **bleep**, much less call it a phone.

PabloYunes
Active Level 1
Galaxy A

I suggest NOT BUYING GALAXY A12 if you are used to screen mirroring. It doesn't even work with Samsung's TV.  Same android version on A10 works perfectly so I assume it has something to do with some hardware on the Galaxy A12 that doesn't have proper firmware to make it work?

the issue is not fixed on Android 12 either (One UI 4.0), I tested it today