Resolved! Solved

Original topic:

A52s 5G problem: GPS not working properly

(Topic created on: 10-26-2022 06:06 PM)
ChronoBot
Beginner Level 4
Options
Galaxy A
Anyone here who updated their phone up to the latest update and encountered this problem? Hindi ako makapag navigate sa Google Maps and Waze. Nakukuha niya yung current location mo pero kapag moving ka na, hindi siya nauupdate. Sa Google Maps laging nagdidisplay ng Searching for GPS. Sa Waze naman No GPS - showing approximate location. Okay ang mobile data ko since naka plan siya at nakakapag browse naman ako sa internet and play YouTube videos.

I tried the suggestions on the internet like turning off and on the Location, Airplane mode, Mobile Data, etc. I even performed Factory Reset and turning off battery optimizations and giving the navigation apps to run location on background. 

I went to service center and they were saying it is not the fault of the software update. More like a hardware issue but I doubt it since it only happened after the software update. Hindi naman nabasa or nabagsak yung phone ko. Sabi ko na lang na babalik ako kasi kailangan ko yung phone ngayong long weekend for online transactions.

Kuha lang ako ng opinion niyo baka meron nang nakasolve bago ko iwanan itong phone sa service center kasi 2-3days itong iiwan doon at wala akong backup na smart phone. 

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Galaxy A
better leave it to have it thoroughly checked and fixed

View solution in context

3 Comments
SamsungRightCare
Community Manager
Options
Galaxy A

Hello ChronoBot,

Thank you for letting us know your inquiry about your Samsung Galaxy A52s 5G having issues with GPS location.

Really understand what you're going through, trying all the possible reset but not giving you positive results. 

But, don't worry, we are here to help, provide quick fixes, and offer solutions to your device problems.

Both, we will figure out what's behind the issue/s and other possible reasons and come up with the solutions by following below steps.

A) First, ensure that your device is up-to-date with the latest Software updates.

Settings > About Phone > Software Updates > Download and Install > Follow On-screen notifications.

Also, check Samsung Members app notification bell icon for any activity and announcement. 

B) Turn-Off your Samsung Galaxy device and remove SIM/Memory Card.

Switch OFF Device> Remove Sim card> and SD card/ Memory card> Wait a minute > Re-Insert Sim card > Switch ON Device > Check SIM Status.

C) Check and enable Location permission of Google apps.

Settings > Apps & notifications > Select Google apps > Location permission > Select Allow all the time.

D) Check the network connection and status of mobile plan.

Check to see if your internet connection signal is strong. If your network coverage is poor, you might experience  mobile connectivity not working properly. Please reconnect to the Wi-Fi and/or Router with strong network coverage to fix this.

And/or contact your Mobile Network Service provider in order to find out the signal in your coverage area.

Ask also your Mobile Network Service provider about enabling your GPS, if it may incur additional charges.

E) Check your Google Account. 

Check and open your Google Account and disable auto back-up features.

F) Enable Google Location Accuracy.

Google estimates your location data using Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, Mobile Data, and GPS to improve accuracy on your mobile device. If your location doesn't work, turning on Google Location Accuracy might help.

• Simply draw down the quick-setting panel.
  • Tap and hold on the 'Location' shortcut to go straight to the location settings.
  • Tap "Google Location Accuracy" and then toggle on the service.

G) Connect to a Wi-Fi network and Open the Google Map app.

You can use Wi-Fi as an alternative to the mobile network when establishing an internet connection. This way your phone doesn't use mobile data.

Step 1. Find "Wi-Fi"  by  sliding two fingers downwards starting from the top of the screen.

Step 2. Press the Settings icon.

Step 3. Press Connections.

Step 4. Press Wi-Fi.

Step 5. Turn on Wi-Fi. Press  the indicator to turn on the function.

Step 6. Connect to a Wi-Fi network. Press the required Wi-Fi network.

Step 7. Key in the password for the Wi-Fi network and press Connect.

Step 8. Return to the home screen. Press the Home Key to return to the home screen.

Step 9. Check and Open Google map app.

H) Update Samsung Internet app.

Step 1. Open the Samsung Internet app.

Step 2. Select the menu icon in the top-right corner.

Step 3. Select "Settings".

Step 4. Select "About Samsung Internet".

Step 5. Select "Update App".

Step 6. If an update is available, select "Update".

I) Update Google map app.

Step 1. Open the Google Play Store app.

Step 2. Tap Menu My apps & games.

Step 3. Navigate to Google map app.

Step 4.  If an update is available, select "Update".

J) For more assistance, you may contact us on our online Samsung support channels below.

https://samsung-livechat.sprinklr.com/seao/ph/index.html 

K) Or contact our Samsung direct hotline numbers below.

#GALAXY or #425299 [Mobile Phones & Tablets]
Available 24/7

1-800-10-7267864 [All Product, Toll Free, PLDT]
1-800-8-7267864 [All Product, Toll Free, Globe]
842 22 111 [All Product, Landline]
Daily (8:00 AM to 8:00 PM)

L) If the problem persists, immediately bring your device to nearest Samsung Authorized Service Center.

https://www.samsung.com/ph/support/service-center/

Hope this content is helpful and your problem gets solved.

Make sure to click the ACCEPT AS SOLUTION button in your subsequent response, if we have satisfied your inquiry.

ChronoBot
Beginner Level 4
Galaxy A
A) Done that (System is up to date)
B) Haven't perform specific to those procedures yet but I tried removing the sim and SD card to test the location via wifi.
C) Done that (still doesn't work)
D) Done, network connection was good since I was able to play HD videos smoothly.
E) Have tried or check it yet but why disable auto backup feature?
F) Done that (still doesn't work)
G) Done that (still doesn't work)
H) Haven't perform this yet since I uninstalled/disabled Samsung Internet since I am using Chrome.
I) Done that (still doesn't work)
J) I tried online support, and provided the screenshots and they advised me to visit service center since I performed most of the basic troubleshooting.
K) Didn't try since I was planning to personally visit the service center.
L) Done that but I told them I will return since I forgot my reciept and I'll perform few more test before giving them my phone.

Although I tested some of the procedures above, I will still try this once I got home. I left my charger and I am saving every juice in my battery. I'll keep you posted.
Solution
Galaxy A
better leave it to have it thoroughly checked and fixed