Did you mean: 

Original topic:

Change from sim 1 to sim 2

(Topic created on: 06-22-2021 04:17 PM)
zoji
Active Level 1
Options
Galaxy A
So hassle po pag mag change ng sim 1 to sim2. Both messaging and call.

Since, dual sim nmn po itong a70 unit ko, might as well make me see if i am messaging/calling using my sim 1 or sim2. Cant seem to see which one i am using.
8 Comments
zoji
Active Level 1
Galaxy A
Since update po, dko magamay sya gamitin. Kc hassle. Thanks :)
nopee
Active Level 4
Galaxy A
You can change the name and icon of the each sim in the Setting> Connections> SIM card manager
Galaxy A
Hi zoji, ull get use to it using the new features, its a kind of difficult. If you want to change in messenger simply click the right rop toggle ull see sim1 or sim2 just tap it to ur preferred simcard to send, and for phone calls you can just tap as well. Goodluck! 😀
zoji
Active Level 1
Galaxy A
Thats the hassle while on the previous update button options for messaging, both sim 1 and 2 were just a click away on the messging interface. This new update gives me 2-3 click of my preferred sim. Tsk
Galaxy A
Yeah, i guess everyone has the same issue, i dont like it as well its unconvenient for me unlike the previous OS. I dont think they'll fix such issue to an easy way!
0 Likes
TeamGalaxyRene
Options
Galaxy A

Hey there! Welcome to Samsung Members Community! Explore your new hub for all things Samsung and beyond. Earn the coolest badges and enjoy awesome perks from us by connect with Samsung experts, super-fans, and other Community members for tips on features and how to get the most out of your Samsung product. Should you need technical assistance, don't hesitate to reach us via our TOLL-FREE mobile number #GALAXY (#425299) or via our TOLL-FREE LANDLINE: PLDT Toll free : 1-800-10-726-7864 Globe Toll Free : 1-800-8-726-7864 Standard Landline : (02)8-422-2111 Daily (8:00 AM to 8:00 PM).

As for your concern, check out the link for some tips on how to activate/deactivate both sims on your device:

https://www.samsung.com/sa_en/support/mobile-devices/galaxy-a-series-how-to-use-and-manage-dual-sim-...

Should you wish to use BOTH SIM CARDS, just keep them both active on your sim card manager.

For sending SMS, there may be a small "1" or "2" inside a square and/or beside the "send" button on your sms app, this indicates which SIM you are using. To change this, try to 'TAP HOLD' the square or the send button to show an option as to which network you want to send the SMS.

For making calls, it should be AUTOMATIC on your device to ASK YOU which sim card you're going to use for certain calls when both of your sims are activated.

Hope these helps! Should you wish to confirm anything else, drop it here or reach us via our TOLL-FREE HOTLINE mentioned above.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Galaxy A
To be honest I also preferred the older ui for sim 1&2 as it was seamless. As compared to the updated version in Android 11 One UI 3.1

For now we can only do it just get use to it and hope they address it in the next update.
zoji
Active Level 1
Galaxy A
Sana nga po mag update n sila. :)